Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Oct 15 15 9:12 AM

It seems the competition is still in doubt, as confirmed by Conmebol president. There's not too much collaboration between Concacaf and Conmebol at the moment.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Oct 15 15 4:13 PM

Luca wrote:
There's not too much collaboration between Concacaf and Conmebol at the moment.

No, the FBI has put a stop to it

Last Edited By: nfm24 Oct 15 15 4:40 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Oct 30 15 10:28 AM

It seems the competition has been officialized. The two play-offs (Haiti-Trinidad & Tobago and Panama-Cuba) will be held January probably in Florida, but it's not clear yet.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#26 [url]

Oct 30 15 1:17 PM

I can't see Cuba qualifying, but I think it would be a waste of time if they did qualify - they always get hammered at the CONCACAF Gold Cup, so it would probably be much worse against South American teams.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Oct 30 15 7:57 PM

Well, they can't hold in Trinidad without Jack Warner's ego getting in the way, and Cuba and Haiti are basically unusable, so Panama it is. I'm just surprised they didn't hold it in the USA.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Oct 30 15 8:53 PM

if it is in Panama, it is in the USA, but without any political problem:)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Oct 31 15 1:57 AM

As we know that Venezuela is the only team from Conmebol which has never qualified for the World Cup finals, who do you think will qualify first in the future : Panama or Venezuela?

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Oct 31 15 7:39 AM

I think Panama, WC 2026 in USA? Then CONCACAF will have 3,5 seats and Panama can be with the best 3 (without USA); Venezuela must be in top 5 in S.America...but I hope to see them qualify "soon"

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Oct 31 15 1:50 PM

pieter wrote:

Why does Panama gets home advantage?

Apparently because they were best placed team that didn't qualify for the competition directly. Although this only came tolight recently. CONCACAF seem to be really poor at giving out information on their future competitions.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Nov 1 15 4:49 PM

pieter wrote:

just give Cuba a chance, you never can tell....anyway I hope they will qualify

Why does Panama gets home advantage?

Official reason is that Panama are hosting from being the highest-ranked of the 4 in the Gold Cup. Makes sense in a way, but it seems strange that the match not involving Panama is being played there, there's no Final at the end of it unless they're planning one to give the teams more value in the trip. Two-legged fixtures (higher team at home for 2nd leg) are probably the best way to do it here.

Cuba seem to be a lot like North Korea in that they'll either pull out a result by punching above their weight or get absolutely trounced... seems to be no level of in-between with them.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Jan 7 16 5:51 PM

can anyone explain to me why the FBI is investigating FIFA.....? Americans never understood soccer  and now they try to impose their ethics (?) 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help