Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 4 12 2:10 PM

Tags : :

Gibraltar drawn with France, Bulgaria and San Marino in UEFA Futsal qualifiers.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#1 [url]

Dec 4 12 2:45 PM

Re: Gibraltar

SE-Stubbs wrote:
Gibraltar drawn with France, Bulgaria and San Marino in UEFA Futsal qualifiers.

It's actually France, Montenegro and San Marino.

I think they should be capable of beating San Marino. A Gibraltar Futsal League team played in 2002 in the British Isles Futsal Cup and beat England's leading club of the time (Tranmere Victoria) quite easily (5 or 6-0). They also beat Northern Ireland (score not known), Scotland 5-2 and drew 3-3 with Ireland before beating Tranmere again in the final (3-2).

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 4 12 4:08 PM

Oops.

Interesting I reckon they could beat them then. What is San Marino's record like?

Wales are also making their competitive Futsal debut in these qualifiers, I think they've played one friendly before losing 2-1 to Andorra

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#3 [url]

Dec 5 12 9:46 AM

SE-Stubbs wrote:
Oops.

Interesting I reckon they could beat them then. What is San Marino's record like?

Wales are also making their competitive Futsal debut in these qualifiers, I think they've played one friendly before losing 2-1 to Andorra

Yes, Wales played 2 friendlies v Andorra - losing both 2-1. But Andorra is actually not too bad at futsal - one of the lower-ranked teams, but not as far behind the rest as their footballing side. They beat both Israel and Ireland last year, and got a 3-3 draw with Romania away in 2009.

San Marino's record is played 8, lost 8. They are one of the worst couple of sides (Estonia, Malta being the others). Their last match was a 5-3 defeat to England last year. Montenegro has also played San Marino before, winning 9-3 and 13-0 away in 2010 in San Marino's first matches.

So, I wouldn't be too surprised if Gibraltar finished 3rd, but France and Montenegro would appear to be a step above.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 5 12 1:40 PM

Is it the case that the Gibraltar (and or Andorra) Futsal teams involve mostly the same players as the football teams?

I remember that in the mid-nineties Malaysia's futsal team included several national football players, for example, Zainal Abidin Hassan.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 5 12 3:38 PM

Yes (not mostly, though). For ex., Andorran Ludovic Clemente made his d├ębut with the "big" Andorra NT in 2005. After this only game he played for the futsal Andorra. But this year he plays for the "big" Andorra again.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#7 [url]

Dec 5 12 5:10 PM

pieter wrote:
will Spain play in the same competition as their "ennemies"? or will they abandon ....?

UEFA made the draw so that Gibraltar could not play in the same group as Spain.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Dec 5 12 5:57 PM

but Spanish FA always said it would withdraw from any competition where Gibraltar is involved...Are they changing their hard attitude? Is this important news for Gibraltar chances of really being a member of UEFA?

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Dec 5 12 6:13 PM

The Gibraltar football team will apparently consist of the better national team players.

In all reality they will be accepted into UEFA in May.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#10 [url]

Dec 5 12 11:02 PM

SE-Stubbs wrote:
The Gibraltar football team will apparently consist of the better national team players.

I agree in full; otherwise they would not be included in the draws for next season for these tournaments would they.

FIFA next for Gib.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#11 [url]

Dec 6 12 1:21 PM

Moses wrote:
SE-Stubbs wrote:

I agree in full; otherwise they would not be included in the draws for next season for these tournaments would they.

FIFA next for Gib.

They are included in the draws because they are a provisional member. This does not mean they will be accepted as a full member in May. However, the futsal qualifying is in January - before the decision. So, it seems Gibraltar will play in a UEFA competition despite not being full members. However, as I said - this does not mean they will be accepted to play in other national team and club competitions.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Dec 8 12 12:09 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
Moses wrote:
SE-Stubbs wrote:

FIFA next for Gib.

They are included in the draws because they are a provisional member. This does not mean they will be accepted as a full member in May. However, the futsal qualifying is in January - before the decision. So, it seems Gibraltar will play in a UEFA competition despite not being full members. However, as I said - this does not mean they will be accepted to play in other national team and club competitions.

What happens if they make it to the Play-Off Round (in September) but get turned down for membership in May? Are they still allowed to finish the tournament?

Interesting sidenote - I think Wales are making their competitive debut in these Qualifiers as well...

Football Revolution...

http://footy-fever.com/blog/

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#13 [url]

Dec 10 12 10:20 PM

mattsanger92 wrote:

Interesting sidenote - I think Wales are making their competitive debut in these Qualifiers as well...

Yes, Sweden and Denmark are making their debuts too.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jan 21 13 8:51 PM

Gibraltar start their futsal debut in a couple of days. I wonder how they'll get on? They are using the core of their national full-pitch team including captain Roy Chipolina. I think they can see off San Marino.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jan 25 13 10:18 PM

Group A:
1st Day:
Montenegro - Gibraltar 10:2
France - San Marino 12:0

2nd Day:
France - Gibraltar 6:2
Montenegro - San Marino 11:0

I hope Gibraltar will win match against San Marino.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help