Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

Site Admin

Lead

Jul 6 13 10:43 PM

Tags : :

Also quartered.  Head put on a stake.

Things seem to have gotten slightly out of hand.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/south-american-football-referee-beheaded-fans-killing-player-084120459.html
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jul 7 13 9:00 AM

Things got 'slightly out of hand' the moment the ref walked onto the pitch with a knife on him. Nice to see the article bringing out all the sensationalists, though, some people claiming this is all football's fault (the only football-related part seems to be the player 'contesting' a decision, everything from that point was just isolated crime) and many rolling out the automatic 'and this is where the world cup is' card.

Brazil does have a reputation (putting it lightly), but a tragic (and bizzare) event such as this is still an extremely rare one in context. Plus it happened in an area which is nowhere near a World Cup host city, for what it's worth.

Speaking of sensationalism, a completely unrelated article today regarding one of the world's smallest territories: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/5001073/Pitcairn-Island-8m-handout-from-UK.html.

Update - Just seen Luca's post, contains two stories from the kings of sensationalism. Nothing against those specific stories, but even still, not a great source of news or even a good website, being on those two pages just now slowed my laptop to a crawl and a 'stop script' option, after I pressed it the site kindly loaded up the story behind it about Halle Berry's new dress or pregnancy or something smiley: eyes.

Last Edited By: mattsanger92 Jul 7 13 9:20 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#5 [url]

Jul 7 13 8:27 PM

But it takes some time to quarter, behead and put someone's head on a stake. And I'm sure this didn't happen immediately. There would have been some jostling and fighting beforehand. Did nobody think it was worthwhile calling the police after the stabbing? I mean, the victim of the stabbing was taken to hospital (so someone must have called the ambulance - surely the police would come as well as a stabbing was involved?)

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help