Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 23 14 5:21 PM

Tags : :

I do not expect Gibraltar to obtain a single point in this tough group.....Meaby San Marino can finally get a draw...
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 23 14 5:56 PM

Gibraltar where originally drawn for group C with Spain, but for political reasons immediately tranferred to group D, while Armenia where originally drawn for group H with Azerbaijan, but for political reasons immediately tranferred to group I.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 23 14 8:27 PM

Yes, the fact that they had to mention it specifically highlights the stupidity of the situation. Put them in the same group. If they don't want to play each other than can forfeit points. The issues are relatively minor compared to other countries who are often drawn together, not just in Europe but other continents (e.g. the two Koreas).

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#4 [url]

Feb 23 14 9:43 PM

I think Gibraltar will take a point off Scotland.  San Marino's chances of getting a point are very small, as there are no other minnows in the group.  The gap between San Marino and Estonia/Lithuania is pretty big.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Feb 26 14 6:30 PM

In fact, I would be surprised if Gibraltar ended the qualifications with 0 points.

Since Poland starts the campaign by playing them away, I am understandably not optimistic.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#9 [url]

Feb 28 14 4:21 AM

Yes - we all must remember that although the scoreline against Slovakia seems reasonably good, Slovakia did have an experimental team, and Gibraltar were defending for most of the game. I watched that game, and they looked pretty rubbish, to be honest. Still, they did get a draw.

Their 3-0 win over the Faroes was a surprise - but I think the weather had a lot to do with it, and maybe the Faroes didn't take it seriously enough. I think the Faroes will get their revenge on Saturday with a sensational 2-1 away win. Gibraltar will then proceed to lose 2-0 to Estonia, and all optimism will fade away into a cloud of depressive pessimism, sending Gibraltar spiralling into a series of horrible defeats. At the end of the Euro 2016 qualification campaign, they will cede sovereignty to Spain and marvel at how they won the World Cup in 2010. "We've always been sort of Spanish anyway".

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Feb 28 14 9:15 AM

smiley: laugh that last post has left me chuckling into my shreddies

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#14 [url]

Mar 1 14 12:54 PM

nfm24 wrote:
I thought "shreddies" meant underpants, which gave me a confusing image until I remembered that it was also a breakfast cereal.

That slang is new on me and probably a lot of people, for your sake I'm grateful he didn't mention any of the tasty flavoured varieties such as Coco Shreddies smiley: sick.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Oct 16 14 9:30 AM

So once again politics busted in a football event.
I hope both Serbia and Albania will be punished with a defeat. I mean: match homologated but 0 points to both, and the remaining home games to be played behind closed doors.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Oct 16 14 1:58 PM

politics are OK, but I see no reason to fight at football games, they just should bring people together despite political differnces

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help