Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 25 14 8:34 PM

Tags : :

On this site I found some info about an Egypt 4-4 Norway match played on 26-12-1948, two days after the official match between both sides. No line ups available, only Kamal El-Sabbagh scored at 15th and 75th (penalty) minute, El-Sayed El-Dhizui at 30th and Mohamed Diab El-Attar at 80th minute.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 5 14 10:15 AM

In this small article in Przeglad Sportowy of 27-12-1948 it is reported this match was played in Alexandria.

Norwegian FA answered to me: The match you are referring to was an unoffcial testt match between a combined team from Alexandria and Suez versus a Norway Combination which ended 4-4 on 26.12 1948 after the home team had led 2-1 at half time. According to press agencies the goals were scored by Deswy (2) and Kamal (2) and the Norwegian team the goalscorers were Gunnar Dahlen (2), Odd Wang Sørensen and Gunnar Thoresen.
Norway lined up like this: Arnfinn Rahm Johnsen (Kvik Trondheim) - Finn Moen (Sarpsborg FK), Harry Boye Karlsen (Ørn) - Hjalmar Andresen (Sarpsborg FK), Thorbjørn Svenssen (Sandefjord), Gunnar Hansen (Sarpsborg FK)- Gunnar Thoresen (Larvik Turn), Willy Andresen (Sarpsborg FK), Odd Wang Sørensen (Sparta Sarpsborg), Harry Yven (Sarpsborg FK) and Gunnar Dahlen (Freidig, Trondheim).

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 5 14 7:19 PM

Good, seems Norway's FA is happy to help.
Although it would be best to try to confirm the Egyptian side from Arabic sources (e.g. Al-Ahram online archive).

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 6 14 8:50 AM

nfm24 wrote:
Although it would be best to try to confirm the Egyptian side from Arabic sources (e.g. Al-Ahram online archive).

Do you have the link of Al-Ahram archive?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

May 9 14 10:25 AM

There was last time I used it. You may have to experiment a bit. It may be that they have recently removed some features, but recently Hassanin used it to get results of the Pan-Arab Games (for example).
For me it is not much use because I don't have the right plug-ins (and my computer is not mine, so I cannot install them). Besides I don't read Arabic either.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help