Remove this ad

Lead

May 14 14 5:27 PM

Tags : :

Does anybody have a good match report of the Mundialito final in 1984:  (Italy 3-1 West Germany) ?
http://www.rsssf.com/tablesm/mundialito-women.html#1984

One of the goal-scorers (Rose Reilly) was actually Scottish and was playing in Italy as a professional.  She earlier played for Scotland in their first official international (1972 vs England).
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

May 15 14 8:41 PM

I was spectator of 1984 Final  in Jesolo (and also of 1985 Final in Caorle: Italy-England 2-3).
In the stadium I bought the relevant leaflets (very interesting).
1985 leaflet reports the following Match Report of 1984 Tnmt Final::
26.08.1984 Jesolo;   Italy - West Germany 3-1;  Stadio Armando Picchi
Italy : Russo; Perin, D'Orio; Mariotti, Bonato, Ferraguzzi; Bontacchio, Morace, Vignotto, Reilly, Mega. Coach: Ettore Recagni.
West Germany: Feiden, Richter, Klinzman; Degwitz, Zimmerman, Raith; Koekkoek, Bartelman, Kreutzburg, Giehlen, Eichenlaub. Coach: Gero Bisanz,
Scorers: 9' Morace, 19'Reilly, 30'Vignotto (pen), 65'Kreutzburg.
Referee: Zaza (Italy). 

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

May 16 14 9:08 AM

Some additional notes:
Repubblica reports that 6,000 spectators were present at the final match. Feriana Ferraguzzi was the only Italian to play abroad (for Standard de Liège).
L'Unità reports that the final game was televised on Rai Tre on the following Monday at 17:15.
La Stampa reports that Rose Reilly was Scottish and was waiting for the Italian citizenship at that time.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 16 14 10:45 PM

nfm24 wrote:
I found that too but it doesn't play on my machine, does it work for you?!

Yes and no. The video does start up but invariably at a random point there will be a hiccup in my connection and the video will freeze beyond that. I tried downloading the raw mp4 file but I'm still missing the last 5 minutes or so of the second half.
Is there something you would like me to check via the video in the meantime?

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 19 14 9:45 PM

I want to add some additional details to http://www.rsssf.com/tablesm/mundialito-women.html#1984.

Venues as follows:
Mundialito 1984
   19.08.1984 Italy-West Germany 1-2 in Caorle
   20.08.1984 England -Belgium 1-1 in Jesolo

21.08.1984 Italy-Belgium 4-0 in Caorle
   22.08.1984 England-West Germany 0-2 in Jesolo   
   23.08.1984 West Germany-Belgium 0-2 in Caorle
   24.08.1984 Italy-England 1-1 in Jesolo
   25.08.1984 England-Belgium 2-1 in Caorle
   26.08.1984 Italy-West Germany 3-1 in Jesolo
b. Mundialito 1985
    18.08.1985 Italy-USA  1-0 in Jesolo
    19.08.1985 England-Denmark 0-1 in Caorle
    20.08.1985 Italy-England 1-1 in Jesolo
    21.08.1985 USA-Denmark 2-2 in Jesolo
    22.08.1985 Italy-Denmark 2-1 in Caorle
    23.08.1985 USA-England 1-3 in Caorle
    24.08.1985 Denmark-USA 1-0 in Jesolo
    25.08.1985 Italy-England 2-3 in Caorle

Stadia
:
 Caorle - Stadio Comunale Giovanni Chiggiato
 Jesolo - Stadio Comunale Armando Picchi

I took some pictures of  Italy - W.Germany  match,  on 26.08.1984, but unfortunately I can't found them. 

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#8 [url]

May 20 14 1:13 AM

I have a few questions about another women's tournament in Italy in 1978.  Maybe an Italian will be able to locate this info ;-)

Group A?
28/07/1978 Atri # Italy 2-1 Belgium
31/07/1978 ?? # Wales ?-? Belgium
02/08/1978 Pescara # Italy 7-0 Wales

Group B?
29/07/1978 Pescara # Scotland 0-0 Switzerland
31/07/1978 Pescara # Scotland 3-2 Yugoslavia
02/08/1978 Pescara # Yugoslavia 2-0 Switzerland

3rd Place (Pescara)
04/08/1978 Belgium 1-0 Yugoslavia

Final (Pescara)
05/08/1978 Italy 4-1 Scotland

Wales-Belgium group match result missing.  Also, not sure if all matches were really in Pescara (Italy-Belgium was in Atri, maybe other matches were too).  Also, was there a 5th place match (Switzerland - Wales)?

Another Italian tournament - In August 1986, the "Tortona Tournament" was held.  Some national teams may have played at this tournament, but I can't find any info about it.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 20 14 7:10 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
Another Italian tournament - In August 1986, the "Tortona Tournament" was held.  Some national teams may have played at this tournament, but I can't find any info about it.

I've consulted the archive of La Stampa, that is to say the newspaper that covers Piemonte, but no news about a women's tournament in Tortona are given for August 1986. Wasn't the tournament in another town or in a different period? I've found a quadrangular in Testona, but in June 1986, with only minor clubs.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 20 14 8:48 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
I have a few questions about another women's tournament in Italy in 1978.  Maybe an Italian will be able to locate this info ;-)
[...]
Why not checking the FA's websites? Don't you trust them? ;-)

The matches of the Belgian team can be found at the website of the Belgian FA.
Go to http://www.belgianfootball.be/nl/wedstrijden-datum, enter start date 27-07-1978 and end date 05-08-1978, and select catagory "Dames A", and you'll find:

Vr 28 juli 1978 - Stadio Via del Mare, Atri: Italië 2 - 1 België
Zo 30 juli 1978 - , Francavilla: België 3 - 0 Wales
Vr 4 augustus 1978 - , L'Aquila: België 1 - 0 Joegoslavië

(note that on the overview page the scores are the other way around, if you click match report, you see the correct scores).
Belgium v Wales 3 - 0, Sunday, 30th July 1978 at Francavilla Stadio a Mare
Italy v Wales 7 - 0, Wednesday, 2nd August 1978 at Pescara Stadio Comunale

02.08.1978 JUGOSLAWIEN - SCHWEIZ 2 : 0 Internationales Turnier Pescara
29.07.1978 SCHOTTLAND - SCHWEIZ 0 : 0 Internationales Turnier Pescara

So no 5th place match.

Last Edited By: Sensini May 21 14 6:50 AM. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#11 [url]

May 21 14 10:54 AM

Thanks.  I'd tried the FA websites in the past and hadn't had any luck finding the results.  Maybe I should start trusting them more ;-)

But I just checked another result - Scotland 4-3 Wales on 26/04/1974 in Hamilton (as per FIFA site) - Welsh FA has Scotland 2-3 Wales (Scotland 3-2 Wales when you click on the report) and the date is 1975 instead of 1974...  So, I am not sure who to believe - FIFA or the Welsh FA.  The Scottish FA site only goes back to 2002 for women's results.

With regard to the "Tortona" football tournament in August 1986, this was won by China, but they may have been the only national team present.

There's also a "Torneo delle Dolomiti" in 1984, where 2 matches are listed:
29/08/1984: Italy 2-1 Czechoslovakia in Trento
01/09/1984: Italy 0-1 Hungary in Riva del Garda

I'm not sure if there was a Hungary-Czechoslovakia match as well, but in any case, it is not listed.  A list of Hungary women's matches on Wikipedia (in Hungarian) begins only in 1985.  The Czech FA website does not list Czechoslovakia matches.

Last Edited By: TheRoonBa May 21 14 12:57 PM. Edited 5 times.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

May 21 14 1:37 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
I'm not sure if there was a Hungary-Czechoslovakia match as well, but in any case, it is not listed.  A list of Hungary women's matches on Wikipedia (in Hungarian) begins only in 1985.  The Czech FA website does not list Czechoslovakia matches.

This match was played 100%.
The Tournament was held in the week, following the conclusion of !984 Mundialito.
Originally, Jugoslavia Team was foreseen, but they were replaced by Hungary.
Participants were:
Italy
Czechoslovakia
Hungary
Trantino/Alto Adige  Regional Rep.

The original Match Schedule was modified  (e.g. Italy - Czechoslovakia was originally scheduled in Bolzano on September 2nd; and so on),
but I'm not sure the two dates you have found are correct.
All the results were listed in local newspapers and in "Gazzetta dello Sport/Corriere dello Sport".  But both of them are not available on web.
Sorry.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#13 [url]

May 22 14 12:39 PM

Thanks - I presume you are telling me this from memory!

The dates/results/venues of the 2 matches above have been reproduced on the Italian Wikipedia list of Italian women's national team results, on RSSSF, on FIFA.com. It might be possible to find news from Hungarian or Czech newspapers of the time, but I'm not sure if there are any such papers online that would report on women's football. The Italian Wikipedia page says the matches are recognised only by the Italian FA and not their opponents (so presumably, the Italian FA also has the wrong dates for the matches).

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

May 22 14 12:54 PM

The Rude Pravo newspaper might have coverage of Czechoslovakia.

Also the book Ceskoslovensky Fotbal v Cislech a Faktech (Lubos Jerabek) has details info including lineups for women's matches 1985-1990.
There is some preamble in Czech where is mentions something about 1984 in the text. If I find time later this afternoon I'll scan the relevant pages.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#15 [url]

May 22 14 1:08 PM

Thanks. My guess is that neither the CSSR nor the Hungarian teams were classed as official by their FAs, hence why they don't count the matches v Italy as official. Rude Pravo doesn't report anything about women's football around that time. I also remember reading something in Italian about 2 different bodies selecting national teams for Italy - the matches played by one of them were not recognised by some other FAs.  Among the matches listed by Italy as being official for the FIGC only are two versus Iran, which were actually versus Taj Club.  In 1976, Italy played 3 times v England, but one of those (the last one) was not recognised by the English.

02/06/1976RomaItalia Italia0 - 2Inghilterra InghilterraAmichevole
05/06/1976CesenaItalia Italia1 - 2Inghilterra InghilterraAmichevole

04/07/1976NovaraItalia Italia2 - 1Inghilterra InghilterraAmichevole

Last Edited By: TheRoonBa May 22 14 1:12 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

May 22 14 5:08 PM

Dlouho u nás převládal názor, že ženská kopaná je konjukturální záležitostí a že po rychlém vzplanutí zájmu až přestane mít příchuť novosti a senzačnosti, zase brzy zanikne. Senzačnost a novost skutečně pominuly, ale ženská kopaná nezanikla, i když se její základna proti létům vzniku tohoto sportovního odvětví poněkud zúžila.

Na mezinárodní úrovni naši ženskou kopanou zastupovala koncem šedesátých a začátkem sedmdesátých let klubová družstva, především pražská Slavia, jejíž suverenita byla v prvních letech neotřesitelná. K určité formě reprezentačního výběru se naše ženská kopaná propracovala teprve v roce 1984, kdy v Evropě již probíhala kvalifikace na druhé mistrovství Evropy. Šlo o výběr, složený pouze z hráček ČR, který sehrál dvě utkáni s Polskem a startoval v Itálii na Dolomitském poháru. Vlastní historie československé reprezentace začíná až o rok později, když se reprezentační celek složený z hráček z obou našich republik, utkal v Bratislavě s Maďarskem. Roky 1985 a 1986 se staly léty sehrávání reprezentačního družstva a získávání mezinárodních zkušeností. V roce 1987 vstoupily naše ženy do kvalifikace třetího mistrovství Evropy a vedly si v ní až nečekaně dobře. V pětičlenné skupině neprohrály jediné utkáni a postoupily do čtvrtfinále. Teprve celek SRN, pozdější mistr Evropy, naše ženy zastavil.
Kapitola ženské kopané je v naší reprezentační kronice zatím ještě hodně stručná a čeká na bohatší záznamy v následujících letech.

Translation of bold section:
An actual national team for women was formed only in 1984, when the rest of Europe was already in the process of qualifying rounds for the 2nd European Championship.   It was a selection of only players from the Czech Republic (not Slovakia) which played two matches vs Poland, and attended the Dolomites Cup in Italy.

I'll email the scanned pages of results & lineups to Mark, if anybody else wants them let me know.

Last Edited By: nfm24 May 22 14 5:15 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

May 22 14 7:06 PM

nfm24 wrote:
I'll email the scanned pages of results & lineups to Mark, if anybody else wants them let me know.

I am interested, but only to 1984 Dolomiti Tnmt. results, if  any. Thanks

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#20 [url]

May 23 14 10:06 PM

Anybody have any idea what this "Tortona tournament" was that China supposedly won in August 1986? I've only found Chinese language evidence that this happened and that China won it, but no mention of who they played to win it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help