Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 19 14 4:44 AM

Tags : :

Does anyone know why the nonfifa blogspot and twitter haven't been updated since early April? Just seems strange how it hasn't been updated.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#1 [url]

Aug 19 14 8:58 AM

Probably because it was just a single guy doing it in his spare time, and he has other life commitments. It's the same with this website - sometimes, other things get in the way, and I can't update for a few days (at one point, I took a few months off as I considered whether it was worthwhile continuing). When it comes to a choice of working and earning money, or studying, then this has to take precedence. Unfortunately, most of us are not lucky enough to be paid for what we like doing :-)

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 19 14 7:57 PM

There's a quote somewhere about any job in the world just becoming 'work' no matter what it is because of the 'need' to do it (or financial burden attached). I can see where it comes from, but I've been on both ends of the scale to an extent, so I know it's possible to have a good time while working.

I'm of the belief that a job should be the means to do what you want in life, if it happens to be a line of work they love then that's just a bonus.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#3 [url]

Aug 20 14 9:33 AM

Yes - I do my 'financially-rewarding work' so that I can continue to live, breathe and eat, not because I enjoy it.

It also allows me to have a computer, pay bills, and maintain my website (which I obviously enjoy doing).

If I don't update my site for a week, however, then there is probably about 5 or 6 hours of work to do to get it back up-to-date. After a month or two, the thought of updating the last few months would be quite nauseating!

I think that's possibly what has happened to the non-FIFA blogspot.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#5 [url]

Aug 21 14 5:01 PM

nfm24 wrote:
TheRoonBa wrote:
Yes - I do my 'financially-rewarding work' so that I can continue to live, breathe and eat
Such decadence.
Truly.  Sometimes, I even allow myself an extra teacake and blow steam circles with a mouthful of Earl Grey.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help