Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

Site Admin

Lead

Oct 27 14 3:03 AM

Tags : :

http://www.oceaniafootball.com/ofc/News/ViewArticle/tabid/125/Article/7024f699-01b6-47ab-a02b-0ccef28d7def/language/en-US/Default.aspx

In this morning's Women's World Cup qualifier, 9 minutes of injury time were played in each half of the Cook Islands-Tonga match.  I don't remember so many minutes being added in both halves of any recent match.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#2 [url]

Oct 27 14 2:43 PM

nfm24 wrote:
The first half time line mentions an injury but doesn't suggest it delayed play too much.
Second half mentions a 14 year old Moeroa Harmon
Yes, Moeroa Harmon.  In 2012, she won the Cook Islands national Under-12 100 metres with a time of 14.7 seconds.  That's probably faster than most people on this forum ;-)

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 28 14 9:51 AM

This remembers me a bizarre episode occurred over the 1990 World Cup semifinal between Italy and Argentina. Michel Vautrot, one of the greatest referees in the world at that time, added eight minutes of injury time to the first half of extra time, but without any evident reason!!!
He later explained that he had forgotten to check his watch...

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Oct 28 14 12:05 PM

Last 19, a match Corinthians-Internacional had 13 minutes of injury time (no external reasons, just a long assistance to the goalkeeper) in first half; one of Corinthians' goals was at 45+9'. The second half had only four minutes of injury time, but, in average, it's almost like nine minutes each half.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Oct 29 14 12:40 AM

Last African Nations Cup, Togo vs Algeria. I think we discussed it on this forum. The goal collapsed, and there was a delay while it was fixed. But the referee added on a much longer amount of time than the delay.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Nov 1 14 10:17 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
nfm24 wrote:
The first half time line mentions an injury but doesn't suggest it delayed play too much.
Second half mentions a 14 year old Moeroa Harmon
Yes, Moeroa Harmon.  In 2012, she won the Cook Islands national Under-12 100 metres with a time of 14.7 seconds.  That's probably faster than most people on this forum ;-)

Can anybody find (confirm) her birthdate?

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Nov 2 14 3:42 AM

Top snoopage. So far I know of 3 players born in 2000 to have played international football at senior women's level. Probably there were others in the Caribbean cup this year.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help