Remove this ad

#23 [url]

Dec 5 14 7:49 PM

Dick is a common first name in Holland. Dick van Dijk scored the opening goal in the 1971 European Champions Cup final and Dick Schoenaker was member of the Dutch 1978 vice Worldchampions squad.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Dec 7 14 2:45 AM

Some players from Swaziland's lineup 6/7/93:
Agrippa 'S'gidi' Dlamini, Sifiso 'Barnes' Mkhulisi, Wicky 'Saddam' Marks, Thulani 'Mau Mau' Dlamini, Bright 'Maradona' Zondo,
Mduduzi '16 Valve' Mtsetfwa, Eric 'Rounder' Mpanza

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Dec 14 14 9:56 AM

The only White House tenant I've found is Kennedy Mweene, winner of the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations with Zambia. As to bin Laden, a couple of Saudi players appearing at USA '94 were almost identical to him...!

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Jan 8 15 10:13 AM

Equatorial Guinea fields a guy called Dio.
"Dio" in Italian means "God": he is surely a divine footballer...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#35 [url]

Feb 21 15 4:35 PM

Luca wrote:
Wow, so we have Goebbels, Saddam, Stalin and Rommel. Now we just need bin Laden and Totò Riina and our team is complete. sSc_eek3.gif

There was a Saddam Hussein playing for Yemen U22s in 2013.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Mar 14 15 10:56 AM

Fast Midfielder wrote:
From Swaziland I expected more a player named Eddie Murphy. Never saw so many Eddy Murphy look-a-likes (including Eddy Murphy smiles) when I visited that country in 1999.
According to U.S. Soccer Federation 2014 Men’s National Team Media Guide, Eddie Murphy was a player of the US MNT, scoring in the Olympic qualifier against Mexico in 1959. (Note: according to rsssf.com, Bill Looby scored). On Wikipedia his first  name is spelled Ed.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Mar 14 15 4:13 PM

They both have highlands and lowlands.

Also (and I only know this from reading Swazi newspapers), Princess Alexandra and her Scottish husband Angus Ogilvy visited Swaziland on several occasions in the 1960s, including the independence celebrations, so they would have watched the annual football matches around that period.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#40 [url]

Mar 28 15 10:11 PM

Guadeloupe making their beach soccer debut tonight - one of their goalscorers against Trinidad & Tobago was Sebastien Hell.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help