Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 22 15 11:02 PM

Tags : :

This tournament is currently in-progress, intriguingly being co-hosted by American Samoa and Samoa. The International Date Line inbetween them means that some matches have been scheduled 'before' fixtures in the other group but played almost 24 hours after, some sort of record?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jan 25 15 2:29 PM

New Zealand will play Tahiti in the final tomorrow (or the next day if you aren't right on the IDL like the tournament is), winner will qualify for the U-17 World Cup.

Looking at this Semi-Final match report, I also learned that New Zealand have an Englishman with one of the most Hispanic-sounding names possible as their coach, the parents of Vanuatu's #1 probably hated him, and #5 will eventually father Vanuatu's answer to the Neville brothers.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 26 15 3:18 PM

And I thought #10 was the funniest. Son of Ray Wilkins ?

"Weather conditions in Pago Pago: Sunny-cloudy / 31 °C / Feels 37 °C / 70% Humidity"

Wouldn't fancy playing 7 games in 14 days there.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#8 [url]

Jan 27 15 12:36 PM

mattsanger92 wrote:

Looking at this Semi-Final match report, I also learned that New Zealand have an Englishman with one of the most Hispanic-sounding names possible as their coach
His name is of Galician origin (you can tell by the Portuguese-sounding surname).  He is the eldest of eight siblings who moved from Galicia to Sussex in 1968.  He has also lived in New York and is apparently fluent in Spanish (and probably Galician).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help