Remove this ad

Lead

May 6 15 9:36 PM

Tags : :

Curaçao, prepairing for the WCQ, will play against the Suriprofs on 20 May in the Netherlands. The Curaçao team will mainly consist of the players based in the Netherlands. Only Luidjino Hoyer (Centro Dominguito) and goalkeeper Rowendy Sumter (Jong Holland) will come from Curaçao.
Suriprofs is a team of Suriname professional players based mostly in the Netherlands (none from Suriname).

BTW, Aruba also played in the Netherlands, prepairing for the WCQ. They beat Jong ADO Den Haag (ADO Den Haag U23) 3-0 today in The Hague.

Last Edited By: Sensini May 6 15 9:39 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 7 15 6:46 AM

Thanks, please keep us informed of their results in such games.

Would be interesting to see a tournament for foreign-based players only (sort of opposite of CHAN). Some national teams would be almost the same (much of Africa and South America), others completely different (Italy, England)

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 8 15 7:08 AM

Curaçao vs Suriname will be played in Almere, Almere City FC Stadium.

It seems the Suriname team is not the Suriprofs team (who will play their annual charity match 13 May 2015 vs Jong Ajax (Ajax U23)). It will be the unofficial Suriname team including players not (yet) eligible for Suriname because the Suriname law prohibiting two passports. The team already played W Connection FC (T&T) 26 December 2014 (result 1-1, W Connection won penalty shout-out, details at www.voetbalkroniek.nl in the near future). It is coached by Dear Gorré, headcoach of the official Suriname team.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 8 15 12:38 PM

Sensini wrote:
It will be the unofficial Suriname team including players not (yet) eligible for Suriname because the Suriname law prohibiting two passports.

So now we have another category : teams based on players who are technically ineligible, but "morally" eligible ;-)

We need a name for this : Suriname Plus!

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 21 15 7:17 AM

nfm24 wrote:
Were there (or will there be) any other matches (vs local clubs) played by Curacao and "Suriname Plus" on this trip?

Because most players of both teams are based in the Netherlands, you can hardly call it a trip.
If there were other matches (to be) played, I surely would have heard about it.

Curaçao will play a friendly/training match at home on 5 June, opponent not known yet (http://antilliaansdagblad.com/index.php/nieuws-menu/11150-curacaos-elftal-is-suriname-de-baas)

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 27 15 9:21 PM

Sensini wrote:
Curaçao will play a friendly/training match at home on 5 June, opponent not known yet (http://antilliaansdagblad.com/index.php/nieuws-menu/11150-curacaos-elftal-is-suriname-de-baas)

Probably Curaçao will play vs Trinidad & Tobago on 3 or 5 June:
http://amigoe.com/sport/207110-curacao-oefent-op-3-of-5-juni-tegen-trinidad?format=pdf

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

May 31 15 9:23 PM

Sensini wrote:
Probably Curaçao will play vs Trinidad & Tobago on 3 or 5 June:
http://amigoe.com/sport/207110-curacao-oefent-op-3-of-5-juni-tegen-trinidad?format=pdf

It seems Curaçao will play Trinidad & Tobago U23 June 5th: https://twitter.com/caribbeanftbl/status/605115403774361601

Edit: it's not the U23 team but the senior team.

Last Edited By: Sensini Jun 3 15 7:25 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jun 6 15 9:05 AM

Yesterday (5 June) Curaçao beat Trinidad & Tobago 1-0. It was not an official international, Curaçao sustituted eight times (at least), Cuco Martina was substituted and came in later again, referee was Juniel Adelina from the host country. I think we can consider it a training match.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#13 [url]

Jun 6 15 1:44 PM

I think we can count it as an international that does not adhere to FIFA rules. I don't like the term "official". FIFA does not have a monopoly on what to call official or not. Even if 11 substitutes were made, it's still an international match. Even if a substitute comes back on, it's still 11 players against 11 from 2 nations.

Anyway, pretty dumb from Curaçao - they don't beat teams like T&T very often, so it would have given them some ranking points at least, which they could really do with at the moment.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jun 6 15 2:11 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
I think we can count it as an international that does not adhere to FIFA rules. I don't like the term "official". FIFA does not have a monopoly on what to call official or not. Even if 11 substitutes were made, it's still an international match. Even if a substitute comes back on, it's still 11 players against 11 from 2 nations.

This is a very good remark regarding this topic. Nevertheless it seems many FA's regard their international matches as official if it is registered at FIFA, but to me it seems that there are also FA's whou count matches official which are not registered at FIFA or don't appear in FIFA handbooks or bulletins.

Nevertheless I am not very happy with the term "official". Does a person not exist if he is not registered officially?

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jun 7 15 6:08 PM

But we have fewer bank accounts.

Some FAs apparently do not realise that they are perfectly entitled to have a list that differs from the "offical" one. I.e. they just follow the decision of FIFA and delete matches similarly.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Apr 2 16 7:47 AM

Yesterdag (1 April...) Curaçao newspaper Amigoe announced Patrick Kluivert (current head coach of Curaçao and former player of the Netherlands national team) arranged Curaçao would play vs The Netherlands on 28 May at home. There was a gap in the schema of the Dutch after Ireland cancelled the match on 27th May in Dublin.
Of course this is an April Fools hoax.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Apr 2 16 1:44 PM

It's a shame that nowadays such a fixture could only be considered as part of a joke. Would be nice to see it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help