Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 11 15 3:09 PM

Tags : :

An interesting non-FIFA debut coming, it seems: the Glacier Republic micronation formed last year is apparently a CSNAF member due to play its first match during the 2015 Copa America. Their promotional video shows that Bolivia may no longer have the biggest potential home advantage in South America:

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#3 [url]

Jun 14 15 12:20 AM

This is sad - The Glacier Republic may be a worthwhile cause, but why are they forming a "national team"? Why don't I just get together a collection of people who have a preference for feeding their dogs with biscuits and call it the Dog Biscuit Republic? The flag would be a picture of a golden dog biscuit on a silver background, to symbolise the wealth of the new nation. Political/popular causes are now becoming conflated with ethnic groups/national teams, and there really is no limit to who and (maybe what) can form a team. How about a collection of football-playing robots? Nonsense.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Jun 14 15 12:22 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
Political/popular causes are now becoming conflated with ethnic groups/national teams, and there really is no limit to who and (maybe what) can form a team. How about a collection of football-playing robots? Nonsense.
Wouldn't 'mechanical' technically be some kind of an ethnicity group smiley: wink? Besides, you're just setting it up for an easy tap-in here, which I will score with the efficiency of some of the players in this clip:

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jun 14 15 1:18 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
Why don't I just get together a collection of people who have a preference for feeding their dogs with biscuits and call it the Dog Biscuit Republic?

Yes, finally a cause worth fighting for.   Mabel has already been working towards this moment for some time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help