Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 4 15 5:02 PM

Tags : :

Prompted by the game on 8-May-1962, when the Bermuda Football Combination were beaten 7-2 by Crystal Palace and the visitors were awarded six penalties (scoring three), I wonder what was the record for the most penalty kicks in one game?  
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Oct 6 15 9:03 AM

I remember the crazy Colombia-Argentina match from the 1999 Copa América, when albicelestes missed 3 penalties with Martín Palermo and cafeteros one with Hamilton Ricard...

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 6 15 1:09 PM

...rather before that game. The next peanalty series they won. At Euro 2004 against Sweden.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Oct 6 15 6:39 PM

And for Italy it represented a "redemption" after the unlucky shoot-outs at the 1990, 1994 and 1998 World Cups.
That was a defensive masterpiece, 10 vs. 11 for 86 minutes against the host and favourite team. A great game: I'll never forget it.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Oct 10 15 9:33 AM

Well, considering how much I and all the Italian fans suffered for the dramatic epilogue in the final versus France, it would have probably been better if Italy had been eliminated in semifinal. At least Netherlands played better and deserved to win that game, and we would have avoided a terrible disappointment in final.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help