Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#41 [url]

Mar 27 16 9:45 AM

Would be nice to see a tournament for the eliminated teams, as they get very little chance to play teams at their own level. But this looks very unlikely. A return of the Leewards competition would also be good, but for some reason, the FAs cannot agree on this.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#43 [url]

Mar 27 16 9:15 PM

Personally I am beyond the point of expecting any competence from the CFU. It may also be awkward for CAF, perhaps they are being hired by CFU as administrative consultants.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#45 [url]

Mar 28 16 2:44 PM

I don't think it would have made much difference to their qualification prospects. I can't see Grenada winning 6-0 away to USVI (though it is possible).

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#46 [url]

Apr 1 16 7:00 PM

2nd Round Groups

Group 1: Antigua & Barbuda, Grenada, Puerto Rico
Group 2: Dominica, Guadeloupe, Martinique (not much travelling in this group)
Group 3: Curaçao, Guyana, United States Virgin Islands
Group 4: Bermuda, Dominican Republic, French Guiana
Group 5: Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Suriname

Matches 1, 4, 7 June.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Apr 1 16 8:12 PM

It's subject to change apparently, as some teams were drawn against the same teams from the first round!

Dominica and Martinique were in Group 7 of the first round together, they have both been drawn in Group 2 of the second round.
French Guiana and  Bermuda were in Group 3 of the first round ........drawn in Group 4 of the second round

Last Edited By: Blue Lou Apr 1 16 8:24 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Apr 2 16 9:38 AM

the format seems once again that every team plays only two games and the first two (out of 3) qualify...am I right?

why can't I find this information on CFU or CONCACAF websites?

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#50 [url]

Apr 2 16 8:40 PM

No - group winners qualify, and the best 4 runners-up. The worst runners-up don't qualify (Haiti, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago join the 9 teams to make 12 in the next round).

I think there was always the chance teams from the same groups would play each other again - as it was based on "2nd best runner-up", "4th best group winner", etc. There was no provision for keeping teams apart that had played each other previously. In any case, I don't think it is important. If a team is good enough, it will qualify no matter who it has to play (even if it has to play the same team again).

Still don't see what the point of the Guadeloupe-Suriname penalty shootout was...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Apr 2 16 11:29 PM

What are the odds that this tournament will scrape through without a major administrative balls up which requires a replay, or a team wrongly told they have qualified, or something like that?
Sadly bet365 was not offering CFU odds.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#52 [url]

Apr 3 16 6:27 PM

I predict Montserrat will be a late entry to the final round, where they will receive a bye to the final as CFU try to figure out how to include them. In the end, the final will be played by 3 teams on the same pitch instead of 2, and Montserrat will win as CFU will forget to assign which team should score in which goal, and the players will all stand around confused. The referee will abandon the match, and a coin toss will be ordered. Montserrat will win due to the rarely used "not 3 sides to a coin" rule.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Apr 3 16 6:36 PM

Reminds me of a league championship in an African country (I forget which one) in the 1970s. The league ended and all trophies etc were awarded and then it was noticed that there was a whole round of fixtures which had been omitted from the original fixture list.

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Apr 13 16 6:53 PM

It wouldn't be a CFU competition without an opportunity to gain an advantage by deliberately losing or scoring own-goals. Maybe this attitude dates back to pirates scuttling their ships.

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Apr 18 16 3:21 PM

Maybe a cricket event is planned... this switch of venues will affect the schedule of the Former 10.18g WPL, which remains undefeated in world football predictions.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help