Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 18 16 6:57 PM

Tags : :

how can they play ice-hockey under water? Water is heavier then ice, so I suggest under ice water-hockey....
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#2 [url]

Feb 19 16 1:40 AM

It's hockey under ice, but for some reason they call it underwater ice hockey in English. Technically, they are playing hockey underwater, but there is already underwater hockey (without a frozen surface), so I guess it was just a lazy name to use.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 19 16 5:45 PM

all those under water sports is to be prepared when the polar ice will melt, they can just continue their favorite sport...where is underwater football, will FIFA organise it...?

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Feb 20 16 7:34 AM

they should play in hockey- and rugbyoutfits ..... 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Feb 21 16 11:09 AM

pieter wrote:
where is underwater football, will FIFA organise it...?
Surprised it's not a little bigger than this, but at least two countries seem to have a headstart in this form of football:

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#8 [url]

Dec 8 16 12:52 AM

Pieter will be happy to know that the first international tournament in underwater football (the 2016 European Championship) has been won by Belgium, beating England 5-1 in the final in Germany. 8 nations took part. They plan to hold it again next year, and have a World Cup in 2018. Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy and Spain also took part.

From what I can make out here (please can somebody who knows German correct me if necessary), it seems teams were allowed to use foreign players - even though there were only 3 players per team, not all the teams had enough players from their own country.  Also, England seems to have had at least 1 woman in their team.

Belgium's victorious team was captained by Ünal Ölcücü.

Last Edited By: TheRoonBa Dec 8 16 12:56 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Dec 8 16 4:06 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
it seems teams were allowed to use foreign players - even though there were only 3 players per team, not all the teams had enough players from their own country.  Also, England seems to have had at least 1 woman in their team.

This is obviously the hallmark of any well organised international sport. 

I remember a table football world cup where there was a combined "national team" of "Wales & Iran" due to neither country having a complete team.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Dec 9 16 9:19 PM

nfm24 wrote:
I remember a table football world cup where there was a combined "national team" of "Wales & Iran" due to neither country having a complete team.
And where was this in my 'Combined National Teams' thread? smiley: eyes

But good for underwater football, a slow start but hopefully things can get a bit more streamlined for the sport from now on. Football itself is so popular that it should be able to hold tournaments for all its possible variants:

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Dec 11 16 12:30 AM

mattsanger92 wrote:
nfm24 wrote:
And where was this in my 'Combined National Teams' thread? smiley: eyes

I thought that was a football only thread, but as I rarely stick to the topic perhaps I should have mentioned it. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help