Remove this ad

#21 [url]

May 27 16 8:03 AM

In 2003 Perugia were very close to enrol the German star Birgit Prinz, but they had to give up because the international rules didn't allow that.
Actually a very bizarre episode occurred at the 1978 World Cup, when, after an antidoping test of the Argentine National team, it came out that one of the players was... pregnant!! So, or there was one lady playing for Argentina, or the antidoping tests were not very reliable...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

May 27 16 8:48 AM

I think the latter Luca. Reagdring the 1978 World Cup, Argentina's 6-0 win over Peru was more shameful. Biggest victim of that story is Brazil as they were robbed from the final. If the final was Brazil vs Holland I still think Brazil's chance to win the final was 60%.

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

May 27 16 2:55 PM

Luca wrote:
after an antidoping test of the Argentine National team, it came out that one of the players was... pregnant!!

This also answers my other question about cases where more than 11 players were on a team...

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Aug 27 16 9:06 AM

During the recent gold medal final at the Olympic women's tournament of water polo, the Italian commentator said that the United States women's national water polo team can surely represent a very serious opponent for a lot of men's water polo teams, thanks to their physical strength and technical qualities.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

nfm24 wrote:
 I remember seeing a newspaper picture from Ilie Nastase vs an Hungarian female player whose name escapes me, in the early 1990s - in this case Nastase actually dressed as a woman

Clearly his attitudes haven't changed since...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help