Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Mar 23 17 5:27 PM

TovKirov wrote:
May be she meant the word just in that form - Parliament. In that case she seems to be right.
I see that and raise you Tynwald. So the oldest parliamentary system is British... [checks diagram] kinda.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Mar 23 17 7:18 PM

...if a world class footballer comes from Crimea, would he be selected by Russia (RFU)?

Of course, he would. If he would be a Russian citizen and would like to play for RFU-team himself ))
(There were no problems even before 2014, when Crimean football was controlled by Ukrainian FA; Yevgeniy Aldonin is the example)

But I suppose the situation is the same with a selection of Hong Kong-born player by Chinese FA.

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Mar 23 17 7:33 PM

mattsanger92 wrote:
TovKirov wrote:
May be she meant the word just in that form - Parliament. In that case she seems to be right.
I see that and raise you Tynwald. So the oldest parliamentary system is British... [checks diagram] kinda.

Oldest continuous parliament. But Alþingi is older.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Mar 23 17 11:26 PM

TovKirov wrote:
...if a world class footballer comes from Crimea, would he be selected by Russia (RFU)?

Of course, he would. If he would be a Russian citizen and would like to play for RFU-team himself ))

In FIFA eligibility rules it is not sufficient to be a citizen of a country in cases where several associations share the same nationality (this was discussed on the SuppGB thread).  Of course, CFU is not in FIFA, but for the purposes of this thought experiment let us suppose it is. 

Let us suppose that the CFU is a FIFA member and that Crimea is internationally recognized as part of the Russian Federation, and that both the CFU and RFU are two FIFA associations with shared Russian nationality.

Then a player born in Crimea would only be eligible to play for RFU if he had a parent/grandparent born in some non-Crimean part of the Russian Federation. 

Similarly, in the case you mentioned, China would not necessarily be able to select a Hong Kong-born player unless the player had a parent or grandparent born in mainland China.  Since FIFA's player eligibility is based on "territory of the association".

What intrigues me about this wording "territory of the association" is whether it is based on *now* or *at the time of birth* ?

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Mar 24 17 7:17 AM

Yes, I see it. Of course, I meant eligibility in current situation, when CFU isn't a FIFA member.

I don't know Hong Kong-born players in China national team, but I know some mainland China-born players in Hong Kong national team (Chao Pengfei, Bai He; of course, I don't know about their parents/grandparents, but both of them were born very far from Hong Kong)

Last Edited By: TovKirov Mar 24 17 7:43 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Mar 24 17 11:48 PM

In the current situation, a player born in Crimea would (in FIFA's eyes) have been born on the current territory of the Ukraine association. To play for RFU under FIFA rules they would need some parent born on RFU territory. I guess they can play for the CFU without any checks, since it is not a FIFA member.

About the HK players born in PRC, they may have qualified under a residency criterion - also part of the FIFA eligibility rules.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#28 [url]

Mar 26 17 2:17 AM

BTW the ConIFA player eligibility rules are less strict. Indeed, if I remember correctly, they just allow the member to decide for themselves who can play.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

May 18 17 7:46 AM

17-05-2017. Yevpatoria. Sports complex Arena-Krym. 350
Friendly (two half-times of 40')
Crimea:         0
Russia NUFL XI: 3 (Mozhegov 38', Zhakharov 77', Kayukov 80')
Crimea:         Filipp Masloyed (Oleg Prokoshin 60'), Remzi Ramazanov (Igor Dudov 41'), Taras Mykulyak, Aleksandr Muzyka
                (Arsen Muratov 40'), Vladislav Korzhinskiy (Aleksandr Sginukhin 35'), Aleksandr Kreshchik, Vladislav Kovalchuk, Maksim Davidchuk,
                Maksim Prikhodnoy (Roman Klinov 61'), Dmitriy Brovkin (Vsevolod Kashlak 61'), Vladimir Sychevoy (Yevgeniy Kharchenko 41')
Russia NUFL XI: Grigoriy Lyubimov (Andrey Malantsev 41'), Manuk Manukyan (Yevgeniy Mozhelev 41'), Ilya Dogonov (Aleksandr Tarasov 41'),
                Ivan Zhachkin (Yevgeniy Nesterenko 41'), Aleksey Shamitov (Igor Tishkunov 41'), Roman Markelov (Aleksey Kayukov 41'),
                Aleksandr Akulov (Maksim Novikov 41'), Nikita Pankevich (Nikita Chunikhin 41'), Aleksey Krasnorutskiy (Daniil Umrikhin 41'),
                Aleksandr Mozhegov (Sergey Arkhipov 41' (Mikhail Zakharov 70')), Konstantin Reshetnikov (Roman Bogdanov 41')
Referee:        Sergey Tikhonov (Khimki, Russia)
Coaches:        Crimea:         Valeriy Petrov
                Russia NUFL XI: Andrey Kanchelskis
Cautions:       Davidchuk 39' - Manukyan 40', Kayukov 48'
Note:           Russia NUFL XI is a selection of Russian National University Football League

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

May 18 17 7:09 PM

fine, but we are stll waiting for a very first international game.....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help