Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 2 16 10:57 PM

Tags : :

Is there any reason that matches for the King's Cup are not included on the Roon Ba?

Last Edited By: TheRoonBa Dec 8 16 12:35 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#1 [url]

Dec 5 16 8:16 PM

Yes. The results are not available. As you can see from this page, only final placings are shown. I tried searching for results, but it was tedious, and they weren't even available in native Thai news sources. Would be a good source of new results, as it's virtually an unofficial World Championship, but sadly, as I said - no results = can't include.

If you can find a source of all the results, please let me know.

A complete result requires number of sets won as well as total number of points won.  So often, results are given only in the format "2-0" (number of sets won), which is useless, as it tells me nothing of the margin of victory (could be 21-0, 21-0, or 21-19, 21-19), which would be 2 completely different margins.

A similar thing happens with reporting of results in other sports with sets (volleyball, fistball, beach handball).  Not sure how to change the culture of "incomplete results reporting".  In softball and baseball, also, results are often incomplete (i.e. they don't mention number of innings played, which is important because of the mercy rule where games can be stopped early if a team is a certain number of runs ahead).  10-0 after 9 innings is not the same as 10-0 after 7 innings for me.

One day, all results will be reported completely and on time.  Then I can just delete my website and drink more beer.

Last Edited By: TheRoonBa Dec 5 16 8:22 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 5 16 10:51 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
One day, all results will be reported completely and on time.  Then I can just delete my website and drink more beer.

The words "The Enlightenment" sound appropriate...

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 6 16 4:12 PM

If we pay for surgery so that Mark can have a very long third arm surgically grafted, to constantly reach beer bottles from a large fridge (also provided by us), then he would certainly be happy.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#9 [url]

Dec 7 16 12:13 PM

I have developed a penchant for dark beers: more like stouts, porters and some ales. The darkening of my preferred beer seems to have gone hand in hand with my optimism for life in general.

As a teenager, I drank light and sparkly Tennents lager with a group of friends. Now it's Guinness or some Double Chocolate Stout-type beer, slow-flowing, bitter and dark, and usually consumed alone.

Soon be Christmas :-)

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Dec 7 16 12:52 PM

pieter wrote:
smiley: ohwell   Ranking of beer , I am very good in it...

Is it an Elo system or a WDL system ?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#17 [url]

Dec 8 16 4:03 PM

Finally we have found the right topic for Piet to develop his love of ranking systems.

How about a ranking of beer producing / consuming countries?

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Dec 11 16 9:38 AM

Wow, at last an interesting topic 9qix48.gif
I tend to prefer wines to beer (especially red wines), but I've become a Red Bull addict lately, even if I am not particularly enchanted by the new Red edition.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#20 [url]

Dec 11 16 4:44 PM

All wine is horrible and should be deleted immediately.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help