Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 28 17 7:57 PM

Tags : :

in N.Cyprus (july): 8 teams: N.Cyprus, Nice, Man, Sapmi, Padania, Abkhazia, Szekelyfold and Occitania
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#10 [url]

Jun 5 17 6:19 PM

The news feed on the official website seems to be only in Turkish : http://conifaeuro2017.com/
Which may not necessarily be a mistake, but a little surprising.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#11 [url]

Jun 5 17 11:21 PM

Updates not too bad this year - though there were no updates at all for one of the matches today (Felvidék-Székely Land) until after the final whistle was blown, and a few errors in reporting scores from other matches (Padania 1-1 Ellan Vannin instead of 1-0, Abkhazia 2-0 South Ossetia instead of 2-1). It really should be easy enough to arrange for one person in each stadium to put things on Twitter with their phone (and get scores correct).

Even the Hitra-Frøya Norwegian 4th Division match this year was covered (by the club itself) with some kind of live match tracker. If they can do it, surely it shouldn't be beyond CONIFA?

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#17 [url]

Jun 11 17 5:15 PM

This quite basic information (attendance, goalscorers) should be on the CONIFA website - or should be mentioned by CONIFA on Facebook/Twitter. I haven't seen anything...

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jun 13 17 4:48 PM

We did in fact have one guy in each stadium at all matches to tweet live from all venues simultaneously. Through that, we tweeted all goals, half time, full time, red cards all including minutes and scorers/red card recipient. On two occasions (Felvidek v Szekely Land and the first half of Ellan Vannin v Szekely Land) this did not work properly, as the WIFI in the stadium broke down and "the Tweeter" did not have access to mobile internet. The challenge for that was bigger than anticipated, as all of us had Northern Cypriot SIM cards, but they simply do not work on all "Western smartphones" (Apple, Samsung, etc) and I was the only one who could enjoy internet over the SIM all the time (I have a cheap Chinese phone ;) ). Furthermore, the internet in the stadiums, provided by one of the main sponsors, did never really work properly (maybe 30-40% of the time).
However, I felt that most of the info got through quite well and quick/live.

The attendance is very hard to estimate from the videos, as the TV cameras were always in the only or the filled stand. In the Atatürk Stadium in Lefkose, for instance, we had aroun 3000 spectators for the opening match and around 5000 for the final, but the stand opposite to the cameras remained relatively empty. In other stadiums, like Güzelyürt/Morphou und Girne/Kyrenia, there was simply no stand opposite to the TV camera. As entrance was free (no tickets, in fact), we do not have any reliable data on spectator numbers, to be fair. However, most matches saw around 50 spectators, if Northern Cyprus or Abkhazia were not involved. Abkhazia was constantly attended by 50 Caucasians from the local Caucasian community and straight from Abkhazia, which lifted their spectator figures to roughly 100. Finally, Northern Cyprus was sold out in Kyrenia/Girne and had the above mentioned figures in the Atatürk stadium. As I did not attend the matches of them in Güzelyürt and Magusa, I cannot give you a reliable estimate of that.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help