Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 15 17 5:35 PM

Tags : :

The deadline for nations submitting their bids to host Euro 2024 is in just over 2 weeks, and today Turkey have thrown their hat into the ring for the nth time.

They join Germany as the only confirmed bidders so far (believed to be in a tit-for-tat-for-tit deal with England in exchange for Euro 2020 and 2028 votes), while other rumoured attempts may still come from Netherlands, Estonia/Russia, and the Nordic combine (Sweden/Denmark/Norway/Finland).
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 15 17 10:34 PM

Surely by 2024 Europe will have descended into a post-armageddon wasteland following the UK's Brexittastic decision to condemn them to mediocrity.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 16 17 5:41 PM

Hoorah, but I was thinking the armageddon would be caused more along the lines of impulse nukes by Trump, probably in retaliation to someone in the EU joking about his tiny hands.

Hopefully we at least get the enlightenment afterwards...

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 16 17 10:00 PM

Mutually Assured Destruction has got to be better than Status Quo.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Mar 15 17 8:37 PM

And now the deadline is passed, officially a two-way fight between Germany and Turkey. Germany have all the infrastructure and plenty of previous hosting experience, while Turkey have, er... dogged persistance when it comes to this kind of thing, like the Morocco of UEFA.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Mar 16 17 7:00 PM

If I were a German fan, I would hope Turkey to win...
When Germany hosted a major tournament, the German national team has almost always failed: 1936 Olympic Games, 1988 European Championship, 2005 Confederations Cup, 2006 World Cup...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help