Remove this ad

Lead

Tags : :

Are there any rating systems still in existence that go back in time? It appears even FIFA only goes back to the 1990s. I remember someone posting a website a while back where you could go back to any time in history, but can't find the link here
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

The FIFA rankings were only founded in the early 1990s. Before this they had a sort of unofficial one used for seeding purposes, but not what you are looking for.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

nfm24 wrote:
The FIFA rankings were only founded in the early 1990s. Before this they had a sort of unofficial one used for seeding purposes, but not what you are looking for.

They are such slackers, it's not even funny. How can they have so much money and power while simultaneously be such slackers.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

abramjones wrote:
Luca wrote:
It should be the World Football Elo Ratings website.
I don't think this is it because I remember being able to select parameters on the historic search. anyway, can you direct me on how to view historic ratings on this site? I can't seem to find it.

If you're looking for rankings as of a given date (say, 1/1/1921), then the Elo site does not provide that information. You'd have to go through every single team's page and see how many points they had by that date.

Last Edited By: Kaizeler . Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Kaizeler wrote:
abramjones wrote:
Luca wrote:
It should be the World Football Elo Ratings website.
I don't think this is it because I remember being able to select parameters on the historic search. anyway, can you direct me on how to view historic ratings on this site? I can't seem to find it.

If you're looking for rankings as of a given date (say, 1/1/1921), then the Elo site does not provide that information. You'd have to go through every single team's page and see how many points they had by that date.

Yeah, that is what i'm looking for. I know someone on this forum once posted a website like that, not sure if it still exists though.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Surely the Cubic Watermelon has the capacity to generate this info. The 10.18g WPL does not as it is a purely instantaneous ranking applicable only to future predictions, and historical rankings cannot be produced due to hindsight issues.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

I would have thought CTR's page had that functionality, but my German is schlecht and I can't seem to find it. Or it may have been in some of the other systems.

The Cubic Watermelon can certainly have a go at that (have fun changing the date on the yellow cell), though I haven't really made much of an effort in backdating all of the countries' names properly, so you might still see Zambia when it was still called North Rhodesia or Georgia at a time when it was inactive due to being absorbed by the USSR...

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Now we are just playing Salieri to your Mozart...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help