Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 15 17 8:23 PM

Tags : :

Of course the site shouldn't be treated as gospel, but I noticed recently on ConIFA's Wikipedia page that Heligoland have "(former member)" next to their name.

I have a rough idea of why it might have happened (if it did), but anyone in the know care to shed some light on the situation?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

May 24 17 2:01 PM

Hey and sorry for the late reply, I am not here on a daily basis anymore.

On the last AGM we discussed with the AGM participants how we deal with defunct members. Heligoland was one of them. We did not receive replies to mails or calls for over 2 years and of course no membership fees. the overall feedback was: "Re-try to get in touch. If they do not want to be a member anymore, expel them. If they want to be a member, but did not react for some reason, try to revive and assist them".
Heligoland is the first team that actually came back, surprisingly. But, not with good news: They currently do not want to be a member anymore as they want to focus on playing occassional German guest clubs instead.
So: We expelled and deleted them, unfortunately.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 29 17 11:11 AM

Real shame, they were so close to playing a first match a few years ago as well, could have been so much different if they got one on the board.

Hopefully they'll come to their senses soon, they're in a fairly unique situation with being remote enough to field a plausible pseudo-national team and that opportunity shouldn't be put to waste, would certainly put them on the map more than a few club friendlies. A match against Zanzibar, for example, would be brilliant given their historic ties.

Still, I'll try another e-mail in their direction if it helps show that it's not just inside ConIFA that's interested, not that I got any response before so I was never sure which address was the right one and I probably wasn't persistent enough with it, you plan to do something then real life gets in the way and all that... smiley: ohwell

Last Edited By: mattsanger92 May 29 17 11:15 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help