Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 14 17 10:33 AM

Tags : :

i just wanted to complain that this tournament doesn't exist anymore. it did wonders for improving ranking with Oceania vs Caribbean countries, as well as adding other countries into the rankings. it's amazing that a sport can pay players a gajillion.5 pesos but can't sponsor these tournaments.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 14 17 1:35 PM

Agree completely. The incredible part as well is that the FFF (French FA) do fund club teams on their global excursions in the Coupe de France. Lower-league clubs in France volunteer themselves for the 'overseas pot' and get drawn against clubs from the territories. Apparently each visiting team gets a grant from the FFF of over €20,000 for one of these games.

Considering the clubs seem to stay for a few days and in some cases up to a week, getting 8 national teams together in the motherland for a week would surely fall under €200,000 at the most if we apply the same logic, and in value-for-money each team plays 4 matches in that time rather than one. Coupe de France grants in any given season cover a minimum of 11 games (last season it was 13), which is costing the FFF at least €220k/season and rising depending on how successful those overseas clubs are. Not saying they shouldn't be doing that, just that it's a poor excuse when they're doing that to cancel an overall cheaper tournament which in development terms is more efficient, and only held once every 2 years.

As I've mentioned in another post, I'd be delighted to find an eccentric billionaire who wants to get some more international tournaments on the calendar... if the FFF are having problems then reviving this can be one of the things sugar daddy can get to work on.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jun 15 17 8:17 PM

nfm24 wrote:
mattsanger92 wrote:
I'd be delighted to find an eccentric billionaire who wants to get some
Have you considered gender reassignment ?
Why does the billionaire have to be male? smiley: wink

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#4 [url]

mattsanger92 wrote:
nfm24 wrote:
mattsanger92 wrote:
I'd be delighted to find an eccentric billionaire who wants to get some
Have you considered gender reassignment ?
Why does the billionaire have to be male? smiley: wink

Forum rules. smiley: smokin

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help