Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

Site Admin

Lead

Nov 18 06 7:46 PM

Tags : :

OK, you can post everything related to movies in here.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 20 06 2:14 PM

I went to see Borat yesterday. Some truely hilarious scenes and dialogues and for sure the most original film of the last year. However, especially the sex-related jokes were sometimes a bit over the top, but I guess that was done deliberately to contribute to the bizareness-level of the film. All in all: very nice movie, but I do understand why the Kazakh people aren't too pleased with it, at some moments they made the country look like a place full of primitive, oversexed wild men... Guess it should be obvious that this is all a joke, but maybe they'd indeed better have taken a fictional country in order not to offend anyone with it.

I also saw Saw III and found it so bad that I left halfway the film. Disgusting. This was not horror, this was just sick gore without any tention.

Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher, aim for stars and hit the sky! (Echo & The Bunnymen, 1996 "Evergreen")

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 22 06 8:45 PM

hullo, first, am I ALLOWED ON HERE? i'm not invading you space unwantedly am i? :s
being a girl and all that, I was told to join so here I am ^^
secondly, movies, I haven't seen borat yet, but it looks interesting
steph

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 23 06 9:33 PM

Who have told you to join this forum? One member here? Well, I dunno how are your knowledge about football, but this is very strange to found a girl here...

However: Welcome to the forum!

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 24 06 12:49 PM

hey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're here......
she's my freind i told her to write here "cuz i write in her forum...." anyway steph is a very good person and i know that u'r nice guys......so be nicer cuz she's my freind !!!!!!
you're welcome steph....i think Gerrit is happy now !!!
thank you

"....And the smarter ones beetween us, are those who find out about their social stupidity earlier...." Abd daim !!!!

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 25 06 3:59 PM

We need some females in here!

By the way, the theory that football is a men's world, is proven incorrect so many years ago... I know plenty of girls who know so much about football they'd put many men to shame.

Welcome, Steph!

Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher, aim for stars and hit the sky! (Echo & The Bunnymen, 1996 "Evergreen")

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Dec 29 06 9:22 PM

thank you very much for the welcome ^^
please excuse me if I don't know thaaat much about football, but at least I know something about it ^^; (I don't have to take some sort of test do I? O.O;)
completely off topic but.. (admin please don't kill me) how old is this forum?
the floppycat forum : floppycat.forum.com

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jul 13 08 2:54 PM

For example, a few years ago, I've seen a film by John Huston called Victory (in French : A nous la victoire) starring Pelé, Bobby Moore, Oswaldo Ardiles, Paul Van Himst, Kazimierz Deyna, etc. Sylvester Stallone and Maw Von Sydow also played in this movie. 1980 or 1981 ?

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jul 13 08 3:00 PM

I also remembered a French film "3 zéros" by Fabien Onteniente. Well, I can't say that's a good movie ! But you can see a few appearances from Paris-Saint-Germain FC or other teams : Ronaldinho Gaucho, Alex Dias de Almeida, Luis Fernandez (trainer), Jay-Jay Okocha, Mauricio Pocchettino, Rolland Courbis, Lilian Thuram and Jean-Pierre Papin. The Englsih title was "Shooting stars" but I'm not sure.
Some scenes were filmed at Parc des Princes in Paris.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jul 13 08 3:02 PM

"Didier" by Alain Chabat was also filmed in Parc des Princes. There might be some Paris-Saint-Germain players in the cast but I don't remember which ones.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jul 13 08 3:07 PM

Jean-Jacques Annaud made "Coup de tête" in 1979. It's about a player who fights with the team's star (AS Trincamp, this club doesn't exist) and is ordered off the field. The club's boss, who is also a powerful businessman, takes advantage of the situation and sacks him. But the main character (played by Patrick Dewaere, a French actor) takes a sweet revenge.
I heard that some players from AJ Auxerre played in it.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jul 13 08 6:42 PM

The best football related film recently i seen was Mike Basset England manager even though it was made about 2002. It's a comedy and I do find it quite hilarious shame the spin off tv series was crap.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jul 14 08 9:35 AM

What do you say about "Bend it like Beckham"?

In Germany it´s called "Kick it like Beckham"

Ok,it´s commercial stuff, but it´s related with football.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jul 14 08 6:49 PM

Bend it like Beckham had a good story and related with the punjab community of the UK as it showed the pressure which girls in that community are put under. I liked Bend it like Beckham and even though it was commercial it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jul 15 08 4:59 PM

I don`t know if you know "Das Wunder von Bern" engl. The Miracle of Bern, which is about the German triumph in World Cup 1954.

A very interesting film with some nice football scenes and an impression of the life back in 1954. Many historians say that this event helped the destructed Germany to become a rising nation and the movie shows that very good.

More information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Miracle_of_Bern

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Dec 8 08 6:59 PM

I saw three films about football on TV last week :

Kicking & screaming by Jesse Dylan (USA, 2004), starring Will Ferrell

Gilles by Pieter Van Hees & Jan Verheyen (Belgium, 2005)

Le Ballon d'or by Cheik Doukouré (Guinea).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help