Tags : :
This is what I found:
* northernmost professional clubs in the world: Tromsø IL (Norway) and RoPS Rovaniemi (Finland)
* northernmost club in mainland Europe: Honnigsvag IF (Norway, H'vag is located at the North Cape. They play in 4th division)
* northernmost competitive club in the world: as far as I know this is Qanaaq from the Greenlandic league, there may be clubs further north but not in a competitive league
* northernmost club in the world in general: ??
* northernmost club in America: must be a team from the Canadian arctic islands, but I am unsure which one. I once emailed the Nunavut FA but they gave me contradicting information as if they were not sure themselves. They did tell me the whole of Nunavut has only 4 football pitches in regular size, and that the extremely northern town Grise Fiord (Ellesmere Island) has a schoolboy team participating in regional championships. However, I am not sure if any of the islands has an actual club playing in a real league. I also tried contacting Alaska FA to see if any far northern town has a club ; I never got a reply.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher, aim for stars and hit the sky! (Echo & The Bunnymen, 1996 "Evergreen")