Thailand

http://sports.cn.yahoo.com/ypen/20120106/799975.html

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Mar 20 12 8:02 PM

Tanaka wrote:

03-02-1993 2 - 2 USA (FIFA,RoonBa)
30-01-1993 2 - 0 El Salvador (FIFA,RoonBa)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the match against El Salvador is not on Fifa's list, while the game against USA is recognized as official by FIFA. Very odd...

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#43 [url]

Mar 21 12 8:42 AM

Luca wrote:
Tanaka wrote:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the match against El Salvador is not on Fifa's list, while the game against USA is recognized as official by FIFA. Very odd...

Odd for us. Not so odd for FIFA. There are many hundreds of examples of inconsistency in FIFA's list.

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Mar 22 12 4:36 PM

mcruic wrote:
Luca wrote:
Tanaka wrote:

Odd for us. Not so odd for FIFA. There are many hundreds of examples of inconsistency in FIFA's list.

Please, don't consider myself as a counsel for the defence of FIFA (because I don't like them), but in this case I've to tell you that the reason of a different "treatment" of the two Matches is due to Denmark FA itself.
See:
http://www.dbu.dk/landshold/landsholdsdatabasen/LBaseMatch.aspx
and search for the due period.

From this link, it clearly appears that:
USA Match is (for Denmark FA) "A" Match (official)
El Salvador Match is (for Denmark FA) "League XI" Match (not official).

There is also an inconsistency of dates.
For Tanaka:
January 30 : El Salvador Match
February 3rd : USA Match

For Denmark FA (and "RSSSF USA Int. Matches" and "Almanacco del Calcio 1994") : USA Match on Jan 30.
For Denmark FA (and "Almanacco a/a") : El Salvador Match on Feb 06.
In RSSSF (El Salvador Int. Match) the Match is not recorded, probably because it was not labelled as official.

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Mar 22 12 9:26 PM

The correct dates are:
30-1-93 Tempe (Arizona), USA 2-2 Denmark
3-2-93 Los Angeles, El Salvador 0-2 Denmark League

Unfortunately it is in the nature of these "league national teams" that either side can pick and choose when to count the matches official or not.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#46 [url]

Mar 23 12 10:40 AM

Yes, it appears the Denmark FA, in this case, has gone with the desire of their opponent. USA must have requested that the game be classed official, while El Salvador did not make this request. I think there was (or is) some policy by the Danish FA that if their opponent wants a match against their "League XI" to count as A internationals, then they will agree.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Mar 23 12 11:02 AM

mcruic wrote:
Yes, it appears the Denmark FA, in this case, has gone with the desire of their opponent. USA must have requested that the game be classed official, while El Salvador did not make this request. I think there was (or is) some policy by the Danish FA that if their opponent wants a match against their "League XI" to count as A internationals, then they will agree.

Most of Denmark's League XI opponents regard their matches against Denmark as official A. So why Denmark does not (with the exception of several matches played in 1989 and 1990)?

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Jan 7 13 12:14 PM

are the Danish upcoming matches in N.America A-matches?
the Norway games in Africa are on FIFA list, what is the Norway FA point of vue (their site is off line for the moment)?

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Jan 7 13 12:50 PM

pieter wrote:
are the Danish upcoming matches in N.America A-matches?

Regarding the match against Canada I find this at Canadian FA website http://canadasoccer.com/index.php?t=schedule_new.tpl&genderId=1&tid=all
So far Mexican FA always regarded matches played against Denmark League XI as official A http://www.femexfut.org.mx/portalv2/secciones.aspx?s=999

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#50 [url]

Jan 7 13 2:41 PM

Fast Midfielder wrote:
mcruic wrote:

Most of Denmark's League XI opponents regard their matches against Denmark as official A. So why Denmark does not (with the exception of several matches played in 1989 and 1990)?

It's really up to the team who is using the League XI (Denmark, Norway or Sweden) if they count the match as an A-match - not the opposing team. Often, a country will say they are playing the A team of another country because it has more prestige. For example, Bahrain did not announce they were playing "Guinea League XI" recently, they said they were playing the A team (which they were not).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#52 [url]

Jan 7 13 3:53 PM

pieter wrote:
I agree, but what does Norway FA says about this games ?

The Norwegian FA asked FIFA not to include the matches for the ranking as they were playing with the League XI National Team. They have removed the Zambia match, but not the South Africa match. I don't know why.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Jan 8 13 10:41 AM

TheRoonBa wrote:
It's really up to the team who is using the League XI (Denmark, Norway or Sweden) if they count the match as an A-match - not the opposing team. Often, a country will say they are playing the A team of another country because it has more prestige. For example, Bahrain did not announce they were playing "Guinea League XI" recently, they said they were playing the A team (which they were not).

OK, but who decided it's really up to the team who is using the League XI?

nfm24 wrote:
Unfortunately it is in the nature of these "league national teams" that either side can pick and choose when to count the matches official or not.

Denmark even had not been consistent during some trips. In 1985 they regarded the match they lost against Honduras as official A. The other two matches they did not. In 1990 DBU regarded two of the five matches played against A-national teams as official A. Not very consistent even within the same trip.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#54 [url]

Jan 8 13 4:53 PM

Fast Midfielder wrote:

FIFA. They ask the teams if they want to count it as an A match. If they say OK, FIFA accepts it. If any of the teams 'complain' (i.e. write to FIFA and tell them they don't want the match included), then (and only then) will FIFA do something.

The same applies to the scheduling of friendly matches. If the FAs concerned do not look at FIFA.com, they do not know which matches FIFA is counting. Therefore, they cannot write to FIFA if they are not aware. However, FIFA would rather wait for the FAs to contact them than to contact the FAs and find out for themselves. In this way, many of the African matches played by CHAN teams go through as A matches - because the FAs concerned are not really bothered about looking at FIFA.com.

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jan 8 13 5:23 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
Fast Midfielder wrote:

FIFA. They ask the teams if they want to count it as an A match. If they say OK, FIFA accepts it. If any of the teams 'complain' (i.e. write to FIFA and tell them they don't want the match included), then (and only then) will FIFA do something.

The same applies to the scheduling of friendly matches. If the FAs concerned do not look at FIFA.com, they do not know which matches FIFA is counting. Therefore, they cannot write to FIFA if they are not aware. However, FIFA would rather wait for the FAs to contact them than to contact the FAs and find out for themselves. In this way, many of the African matches played by CHAN teams go through as A matches - because the FAs concerned are not really bothered about looking at FIFA.com.

OK, seems very fair to me.

As Denmark made a tour like they did in 1985 it looks strange to me they only count one of the three games they played at the time.

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Jan 9 13 10:11 AM

TheRoonBa wrote:
In this way, many of the African matches played by CHAN teams go through as A matches - because the FAs concerned are not really bothered about looking at FIFA.com.

The criteria adopted by FIFA about CHAN and Superclásico de las Américas are totally inconsistent, in my opinion.
They don't consider the CHAN matches as full official, while they do regard the Superclásico's games as "A" matches.
In my opinion, for uniformity, if they don't regard the first ones as official, then they have to do the same also for the second ones...

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#57 [url]

Jan 9 13 12:34 PM

Luca wrote:
TheRoonBa wrote:
In this way, many of the African matches played by CHAN teams go through as A matches - because the FAs concerned are not really bothered about looking at FIFA.com.

The criteria adopted by FIFA about CHAN and Superclásico de las Américas are totally inconsistent, in my opinion.
They don't consider the CHAN matches as full official, while they do regard the Superclásico's games as "A" matches.
In my opinion, for uniformity, if they don't regard the first ones as official, then they have to do the same also for the second ones...

If Argentina and Brazil want the matches counted as A matches, FIFA has to accept. As long as they use FIFA referees and don't use too many substitutes, they can use an U-18 team if they want. The FAs are in control of which matches they wish to be recognised, not FIFA. The problem is, most African FAs do not tell FIFA if they want the match recognised or not.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#58 [url]

Jan 9 13 12:47 PM

Fast Midfielder wrote:

As Denmark made a tour like they did in 1985 it looks strange to me they only count one of the three games they played at the time.

They decided before the tour that this match would be an official A match.

It seems they made a mistake with the matches though.

25 January should be 3-0 (not 1-0)
27 January should be 0-1 (not 0-3)

http://www.dbu.dk/Nyheder/2007/Januar/1-1_mod_honduras.aspx

Tidligere kampe mod Honduras:

DBU har tidligere deltaget i én uofficiel og én officiel A-landskamp mod Honduras.

Den 25. januar spillede Ligalandsholdet en testkamp mod Honduras, som det danske hold vandt 3-0. To dage efter spillede de to hold en ny kamp med status som A-landskamp. Den vandt hjemmeholdet med 3-0:

25. januar 1985: Danmark – Honduras 1-0, San Pedro Sula (Ligalandsholdet)
27. januar 1985: Danmark – Honduras 0-3, Tagu (A-landskamp)

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#59 [url]

Jan 9 13 12:55 PM

Fast Midfielder wrote:

OK, seems very fair to me.

It's only fair for the teams who check FIFA.com. It seems the majority of European and South American teams do so, but African teams don't check so much and therefore, some "CHAN" matches are counted as national team matches. FIFA should be able to check for themselves rather than rely on the FAs to tell them what kind of team they are using.

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jan 9 13 1:07 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
It seems they made a mistake with the matches though.

25 January should be 3-0 (not 1-0)
27 January should be 0-1 (not 0-3)

http://www.dbu.dk/Nyheder/2007/Januar/1-1_mod_honduras.aspx

Tidligere kampe mod Honduras:

DBU har tidligere deltaget i én uofficiel og én officiel A-landskamp mod Honduras.

Den 25. januar spillede Ligalandsholdet en testkamp mod Honduras, som det danske hold vandt 3-0. To dage efter spillede de to hold en ny kamp med status som A-landskamp. Den vandt hjemmeholdet med 3-0:

25. januar 1985: Danmark – Honduras 1-0, San Pedro Sula (Ligalandsholdet)
27. januar 1985: Danmark – Honduras 0-3, Tagu (A-landskamp)

DBU are contradicting themselves, because according to this site http://www.dbu.dk/landshold/Landsholdsdatabasen/lbasematch.aspx?s=1&sGender=1&sCountry=316&sPSize=50 it is the first match, which Denmark lost 1-0, which is official A for Denmark.
Nevertheless, it is strange that only one match of the trip (they also played El Salvador at the time) is regarded official A, the other two not.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help