Remove this ad

#61 [url]

Jan 9 13 7:52 PM

During the same trip, Denmark faced also the Mexican club Atlante and lost 1-2.

23 January 1985

Atlante-Denmark 2-1

Attendance: 10,000

Goals: ??? Christensen (minute 12); José Luis González (minute ??); Mario Hernández (minute 50).

At the end of the match, Allan Simonsen explained that the disappointing performance of the Danish was due to the fact that the Danish championship had just begun, while the opponents were more brilliant.

Source: El Informador from 24-01-1985.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#62 [url]

Jan 9 13 10:07 PM

Fast Midfielder wrote:

DBU are contradicting themselves, because according to this site http://www.dbu.dk/landshold/Landsholdsdatabasen/lbasematch.aspx?s=1&sGender=1&sCountry=316&sPSize=50 it is the first match, which Denmark lost 1-0, which is official A for Denmark.
Nevertheless, it is strange that only one match of the trip (they also played El Salvador at the time) is regarded official A, the other two not.

If you check the link you posted, both Denmark v Honduras matches are played on the same day! (27-01-1985). I think DBU even managed to confuse themselves.

The 3-0 win v Honduras was the first match, played on 25.01.1985. The second match (0-1) is the official A match for Denmark.

Quote    Reply   

#63 [url]

Jan 9 13 10:33 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
If you check the link you posted, both Denmark v Honduras matches are played on the same day! (27-01-1985). I think DBU even managed to confuse themselves.

The 3-0 win v Honduras was the first match, played on 25.01.1985. The second match (0-1) is the official A match for Denmark.

Yes I noticed. Probably he Danes skipped 25 and 26 January 1985 and made a 72 hours day of 27 January 1985 Well in my archives I always had 3-0 win for Denmark on the 25th and 1-0 win for Honduras on the 27th.

BTW do you know why some countries (not only Denmark) when they are on tour does regard i.e. 1 of 3 or i.e. 2 of 5 matches against other countries' A-national team official A and the other ones not?

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#64 [url]

Jan 9 13 10:43 PM

Fast Midfielder wrote:
TheRoonBa wrote:

Yes I noticed. Probably he Danes skipped 25 and 26 January 1985 and made a 72 hours day of 27 January 1985 Well in my archives I always had 3-0 win for Denmark on the 25th and 1-0 win for Honduras on the 27th.

BTW do you know why some countries (not only Denmark) when they are on tour does regard i.e. 1 of 3 or i.e. 2 of 5 matches against other countries' A-national team official A and the other ones not?

It may be so they can try out formations/tactics without worrying about the result (almost like training matches). For the "official" match, they would play as if they were playing a competitive match. I don't think there are very many teams who do this - but I can't think of another reason.

Quote    Reply   

#65 [url]

Jan 9 13 11:02 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
It may be so they can try out formations/tactics without worrying about the result (almost like training matches). For the "official" match, they would play as if they were playing a competitive match. I don't think there are very many teams who do this - but I can't think of another reason.

Looks logical, but even the same countries also try out formations/tactics in official A-matches.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#66 [url]

Jan 10 13 8:19 AM

Fast Midfielder wrote:
TheRoonBa wrote:

Looks logical, but even the same countries also try out formations/tactics in official A-matches.

Yes - it is not clear what the criteria are. But it seems there would be less experimenting in the official A match than in the unofficial match.

Quote    Reply   

#68 [url]

Jan 10 13 7:41 PM

nfm24 wrote:
Perhaps the hosts insist on at least one official match.

Wouldn't this be ridiculous? Imagine an U-21 NT or othere restrictive NT made a tour and one of its opponents insiston at least one official match (I assume you mean A-match).

Quote    Reply   

#69 [url]

Jan 10 13 8:39 PM

All of the scenarios described above are also ridiculous
I just meant that the local team may prefer to market the match as the full national team.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#70 [url]

Jan 10 13 9:53 PM

Maybe they did not have official officials (i.e. not FIFA approved) for the first match? So, the match would not be an A match.

Did you ask the DBU? They should know the reason. If they do not reply, maybe the Honduras FA will know?

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#71 [url]

Jan 10 13 9:53 PM

Maybe they did not have official officials (i.e. not FIFA approved) for the first match? So, the match would not be an A match.

Did you ask the DBU? They should know the reason. If they do not reply, maybe the Honduras FA will know? Failing that, perhaps FIFA will even know.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#72 [url]

Jan 10 13 9:54 PM

Did you ask the DBU? They should know the reason. If they do not reply, maybe the Honduras FA will know? Failing that, perhaps FIFA will even know.

Incidentally, FIFA accepted all the 3 Central American matches of Denmark in 1985 as A matches in 1985, as evidenced by the list of A matches in FIFA News of March 1985. So, the decision not to include the matches must have been made after the matches had been played.

Quote    Reply   

#73 [url]

Jan 10 13 11:47 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:
Incidentally, FIFA accepted all the 3 Central American matches of Denmark in 1985 as A matches in 1985, as evidenced by the list of A matches in FIFA News of March 1985.

Yes but doesn't this fall under the ruling of "only the home team needs to be the full A team" ?

Quote    Reply   

#74 [url]

Jan 21 13 12:52 PM

TheRoonBa wrote:

Incidentally, FIFA accepted all the 3 Central American matches of Denmark in 1985 as A matches in 1985, as evidenced by the list of A matches in FIFA News of March 1985. So, the decision not to include the matches must have been made after the matches had been played.

When I asked DBU about why some matches of the 1985, 1990 and 1993 tours are regarded official A by DBU and some are not, I received following answer.

The status of some of these matches played by the League National Team depended on the (a) agreement with the opponent or/and with the orgnaisor of the match in question.

For the match versus the USA on 31st January 1993, which I attended myself, the agreement was with US Soccer, that due to the amount of A-national team players in the squad, we were able to make this match an official A-international. However, due to changes in the team's line up in order to field all players possible on the tour, the follwing match was not considered as an A-international by us.

For the past 10 years or so, the DBU has not regarded League National tema matches as official A-matches, as the squad is not nominated due to sporting reasons as a majority of A-international candidates for the team are not able fpr selection due to the FIFA international match callender.

Quote    Reply   

#78 [url]

Jan 28 13 6:59 PM

Well they have one upcoming US vs Denmark match listed. DBU have no A matches vs USA in their schedule.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help