6.7 and 8.7 Malawi-Tanzania 0-0/1-0
1978 9.7.Malawi-S.Leone 4-2
1979 15/17/19.7 Malawi-Tanzania 2-0/2-0/0-1
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 26 09 8:27 PM

Has anyone got some info about Saturday match of Malawi against Lesotho? The fact is confirmed by four towards each other independent sources (FIFA among them) but there is no single trace in Malawi media. Did the match really deserve to be considered official? The Nyasa Times mentions the match vs. Rwanda on 31 May as "the only warm up before Burkina Faso" for instance. And I'm interested for what was half-time score above all if the match really took place.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 26 09 8:59 PM

siepacz wrote:
Has anyone got some info about Saturday match of Malawi against Lesotho? The fact is confirmed by four towards each other independent sources (FIFA among them) but there is no single trace in Malawi media. Did the match really deserve to be considered official? The Nyasa Times mentions the match vs. Rwanda on 31 May as "the only warm up before Burkina Faso" for instance. And I'm interested for what was half-time score above all if the match really took place.

Te CEO said the team would give the Flames a right measure ahead of the sink or swim game against the Burkinabes on June 6.

He also disclosed that the friendly game against Lesotho would still be played at Kamuzu Stadium on May 23.

“The Flames will play two strength testing matches ahead of the World Cup qualifier. We hope this is enough for the national team who have often complained of lack of strength testing matches,” he said.

The news of the friendly game against the West African side was a relief to coach Kinnah Phiri who was reluctant to play Lesotho.

“I am satisfied with the arrangement. The two games are enough for us to fine-tune ahead of the qualifier.

“Initially, my fear was that playing Lesotho would not help us at all. But since we will also play another friendly against the West African side that’s even much better,” he said.

http://www.dailytimes.bppmw.com/article.asp?ArticleID=13171

I have not found any match report from this match in Malawi media.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 27 09 8:56 AM

If that match was played it will be a friendly A match , but I think this match could have been cancelled. I tried to write Malawi FA but no response yet.

Anybody who can confirm if this match was played or cancelled ?

futbolplanet.de think that this match was cancelled, other websites only got full time score and based on fifa.com.

Lesotho FA website got Lesotho - Malawi 0-1 , but this must been a home match from 2008. lesotho FA website not been updated this year...

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 27 09 11:55 AM

Did anyone try phoning the associations? Emails are easy to ignore... phone calls not so easy. More expensive, but if you can use Skype or something, maybe not too much.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Oct 25 14 9:23 AM

A memorable picture from November 1988, showing the success of Malawi in the 1988 CECAFA Championship. This was their last international achievement.

1988cecafa.jpg

Source: Times of Malawi.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help