Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 17 08 4:35 PM

Tags : :

I see alot of teams disappeared from the rankings... I understand that Indian, states, Australian states and Brasilian states as Chinese provinces were removed... But what is the reason to maintain Tobago and Nevis, Tortola and why not the Cap Verde Islands ?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

TheRoonBa

#1 [url]

Jun 17 08 5:42 PM

I am in the process of updating my ranking program, so that there is less 'human' input. So, for a start, the start rating for each team will now be calculated by the program, instead of being a kind of educated guess. In order for a team to be ranked, it must play at least 2 matches against teams who already have rankings. This is why, for example, Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, Easter Island, etc have disappeared from the rankings. Also, most of the Indian states have disappeared because they mainly play among each other, but Sikkim play against the likes of Bhutan and Tibet, so they have managed to get themselves a ranking, and so any Indian state who then plays Sikkim twice can then enter the ranking (Chandigarh, for example, have done this, so now every team who plays Chandigarh twice from now on can enter the ranking) and so on. I think this is the only way to get a meaningfully comparative ranking - it is easy to get a comparative ranking AMONG Indian states, but this does not tell us where they really stand on a global level.
So, both parts of the ranking procedure are now almost fully automatic - the form-based side and the ELO-based (more historical) side. Start rankings are given only to the first two teams to play (England and Scotland) and all other rankings are calculated based on only this input. So, until a team plays England or Scotland, it cannot be ranked, meaning a lot of Austria v Hungary matches etc. have no effect on the early rankings.
I believe the end result will remove a lot of the subjectivity involved in ranking systems by making things a bit more automatic.

After I have fixed my archive, a lot of Australian states and perhaps other teams will enter the ranking, it's just I haven't had time to add these to the ranking program yet, so in effect, the ranking program is using data from the old archive.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jul 18 08 12:09 AM

I think that is insane that Padanie are more up that Catalonia.

And that Aragon are first, being that with lucky, he won to a Chile "C" 1-0 in Zaragoza, his last match...

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 18 08 11:01 AM

I quess thats how the rankings work also Padania deserve to have risen up the rankings since they won the VIVA World Cup just like Spain did for winning the Euro's.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jul 18 08 11:05 AM

Where are Provence is the Rankings? They did play Padania and Sapmi who were both on the rankings before the tournament and did play teams such as Kurdistan and the Syriacs who are on now.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jul 18 08 6:50 PM

Nathan wrote:
I quess thats how the rankings work also Padania deserve to have risen up the rankings since they won the VIVA World Cup just like Spain did for winning the Euro's.

But, the VIVA World Cup is a little tournament... Is how Afganisthan will be more up to France for won the AFC Challenge CUp...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Jul 19 08 12:02 AM

there's no way to compare

we're talking about non fifa teams jorge so viva world cup is the best competition there "like world cup for fifa"

"....And the smarter ones beetween us, are those who find out about their social stupidity earlier...." Abd daim !!!!

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jul 19 08 9:54 AM

Since the turn of the Century Catalonia have played 11 games winning 5, drawing 3 and losing 3. While Padania have won 6 games this year as well as the VIVA World Cup which im sure if this was the FIFA Rankings would have Padania higher than Catalonia not just because they are more active but because they are winning games more than them. Maybe against lesser opposition but thats the way the Rankings work. Best example of this in the FIFA rankings is Guinea they are a very active national team and beat a lot of lesser opposition meaning they are in the top rankings a head of the likes of Angola and Senegal.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#9 [url]

Jul 20 08 7:02 PM

The real reason Padania are so high is that they beat Sápmi 2-0 away. They also beat Tibet 13-2. I agree that Catalonia are probably better than Padania, and I also agree about Aragon perhaps being too high. However, because these teams hardly play any games, it is very difficult to rank them effectively. As for Provence, they have not yet played 2 teams who have themselves played 2 matches against teams who have also played 2 matches (they played only with Sápmi who fulfilled this criteria). Provence played Padania before they had played their 2nd game against ranked teams (Sápmi v Padania), and so Padania were not ranked at that time (having only the victory against Tibet at this stage).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help