Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Dec 24 08 7:24 PM

If games like
01-09-1920 • Czechoslovakia 4-1 France • Olympic Games Finals • in Belgium
29-08-1920 • France 3-1 Italy • Olympic Games Finals • in Belgium
are full A internationals, Slovenia's game against France (Olympic team) in same year we also can count like A international.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 25 08 5:21 PM

True at that time the French olympic squad would have been similar to the full squad as the Olympics did not have the under 23 rule and I suspect that many of the French players were not professional.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 25 08 10:35 PM

No one French player was profi at that time and Olympic Games in 1920-28 equalled the later World Cup games. The match versus Slovenia is considered not official still only because the opponent didn't represent an independent country. I would personally change this status since it has become so.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 26 08 6:15 PM

Before WW II there was no "special team" for Olympics. In fact, all olympic matches were official for France. This changed in 1948.
Tours were organized by FA. So, NT often meet regional selections and club sides.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Dec 30 08 10:06 PM

Both Slovenia FA and France FA does not regard this match official, so I don't think a discussion this match should be regarded official is not necessary. I think discussions will be necessary if one nation regards the match official and the other does not.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Dec 31 08 9:26 AM

I agree. As I said many NT were touring and meeting regional teams. For example USSR did it in Yugoslavia with matches against Vojvodina, Croatia, Montenegro, etc.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Dec 31 08 6:42 PM

A friendly game : Vojvodina - USSR 2-2

link : http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:h2BPfYnEnIkJ:www.cantab.net/users/nfm24/football/1966oth.html+nfm24+vojvodina&hl=fr&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=fr

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#10 [url]

Jan 1 09 3:50 AM

USSR has also played against Crimea (not the Crimean Tatars, but a selection from the Republic of Crimea)

As for the official nature of the match - Slovenia does not count it as official because it was not independent, while France does not count it as official also because Slovenia was not independent. However, as Slovenia is now independent, I think we can consider it as a bona fide Slovenia v France match, as Slovenia certainly existed as an entity in those days, albeit not independent.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Jan 1 09 8:28 PM

mcruic wrote:
USSR has also played against Crimea (not the Crimean Tatars, but a selection from the Republic of Crimea)

As for the official nature of the match - Slovenia does not count it as official because it was not independent, while France does not count it as official also because Slovenia was not independent. However, as Slovenia is now independent, I think we can consider it as a bona fide Slovenia v France match, as Slovenia certainly existed as an entity in those days, albeit not independent.

Very good summary.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jan 4 09 1:58 PM

siepacz wrote:
What I just suggested above.

I'd like that FA recognize all the match with every independent countries. It would be more simple for everyone.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jan 6 09 3:39 PM

EL G wrote:
Tours were organized by FA. So, NT often meet regional selections and club sides.

A friendly game : Vojvodina - USSR 2-2
link : http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:h2BPfYnEnIkJ:www.cantab.net/users/nfm24/football/1966oth.html+nfm24+vojvodina&hl=fr&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=fr

My links still work I think, no need for google cache?

Do you have a list of France unofficial matches vs clubs and regional teams? I always try to put this data on my site but sadly most countries do not mention them.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#18 [url]

Jan 14 11 2:27 AM

"in 1918, when Slovenia became a de facto self-governing entity within the State of Slovenes, Croats and Serbs, which it helped to create. Slovenian autonomy was later abolished with the constitution of the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes of 1921, "

From Wikipedia. I don't know the exact date in 1921, but from 1918-1921, Slovenia was self-governing.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jan 14 11 5:03 PM

mcruic wrote:
"in 1918, when Slovenia became a de facto self-governing entity within the State of Slovenes, Croats and Serbs, which it helped to create. Slovenian autonomy was later abolished with the constitution of the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes of 1921, "

From Wikipedia. I don't know the exact date in 1921, but from 1918-1921, Slovenia was self-governing.

That would be 1921-06-28. In any case, matches of autonomous entities within established national states cannot be regarded as full internationals.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jan 14 11 6:05 PM

trekky76 wrote:
I was looking for that match on NSZ website and it's mentioned as played 1921-06-23 between France and Slovenia League XI (5-0).

where do you find this on the NSZ website? I cannot find this.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help