Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 31 08 5:15 PM

Tags : :

Please can somebody (from Czechia) tell me about what kind of team Czechoslovakian FA intended to send for the match Netherlands A v Czechoslovakia amateurs, played on 18 April 1927 in Amsterdam.

I browsed som Dutch newspapers previews in the two weeks before the game was played. The Dutch side of the story is it was unclear till the last day what team the Czechs would send to Amsterdam. Professional team? Amateur team? Mixed team?, etc, etc. I would like to know the Czech side of that story.

According to some announcements at the time there must have been a lot of misunderstandings between Dutch and Czechoslovakian FA about the match arrangement. There regularly have been questions about what Czech team (amateurs? professionals? amateur/professional combination?) would go to Amsterdam. As a result of all misunderstandings as well as Czech FA chairman was not informed about the match the Czechs wanted to cancel the match about two weeks before the kick off.

Nieuwsblad van het Noorden of 05-04-1927 reports Czech FA informed they are not able to send a strong amateur team for the match to be played on 18-04-1927. Czech FA asked NVB if they will accept Czechoslovakia will field a weakened team, but NVB demand the Czechs will send their strongest amateur team.
http://kranten.kb.nl/view/article/id/ddd%3A010668860%3Ampeg21%3Ap006%3Aa0160

Nieuwsblad van het Noorden of 07-04-1927 reports Czech FA changed the composition of the Czech team again as Dutch FA insist the match will go on. According to the Czechs some players should have been overtrained.
http://kranten.kb.nl/view/article/id/ddd%3A010668862%3Ampeg21%3Ap006%3Aa0151

Het Vaderland of 08-04-1927 reports the Czechs will send a mixed team of amateurs and professionals will appear. NVB is satisfied with that message.
http://kranten.kb.nl/view/article/id/ddd%3A010010873%3Ampeg21%3Ap003%3Aa0070

The 09-04-1927 Algemeen Handelsblad reports Czech FA let know the match will go on anyway. It is not known which 15 players will be selected for Czechoslovakia yet. There must have been a misunderstanding as the Czech FA chairman and his secretary were on tour in the USA when the match was arranged. The FA chairman did not support the idea of a match between the amateur sides of Czechoslovakia and Netherlands as according to his opinion such a team could only face Austria smiley-embarassed.gif
http://kranten.kb.nl/view/article/id/ddd%3A010658055%3Ampeg21%3Ap002%3Aa0054

De Tijd of 15-04-1927 reports it is still not sure which players Czechoslovakia will field, but according to the last messages it won't be professionals. Nevertheless a provisonal line up is given with the remark several changes might be made.
http://kranten.kb.nl/view/article/id/ddd%3A010531335%3Ampeg21%3Ap003%3Aa0105

On 16-04-1927 Leeuwarder Nieuwsblad reports the first match between both countries' representive teams will be played in Het Stadion (Amsterdam) and predict a defeat for the Dutch team as the Czech players belong with the best footballers
http://kranten.kb.nl/view/article/id/ddd%3A010733679%3Ampeg21%3Ap006%3Aa0098

Rotterdams Nieuwsblad of 16-04-1927 shows the provisonal line up of both sides. Only one player from both Sparta and Slavia Prague will be fielded.
Czechoslovakian team however was not a pure amateur team as at least Jaroslav Burger was a professional at the time. However at the time he still was a reserve at Sparta.
http://kranten.kb.nl/view/article/id/ddd%3A010513967%3Ampeg21%3Ap027%3Aa0289

Last Edited By: Fast Midfielder Jan 13 14 2:03 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jun 26 11 9:26 PM

I have a different Czech line up. Seven of the Czech players who started the match were from Zidenice Brno, one of the substitutes as well. In brackets the clubs of the non Zidenice players. Czech Line up according to Oranje Toen en Nu 1927-1932 2002/2003, vol. 3:

Odrich Machurt -> 46. Georg Zeman (Slavia Prague); Josef Dolezal -> 63. Frantisek Novak, Jan Burgr (Sparta Prague); Victor Wolff (Nuselsky SK), Otakar Svoboda (SK Pardubice, captain), Radi Papp (Viktoria Zizkov, Prague); Antonin Rohlicek, Antonin Lastovicka, Jan Novak, Josef Smolka, Martin Janhuber. Substitute goalkeeper Georg Zeman was only 17 years, I don't think he was first goalkeeper of famous club Slavia. Jaroslav Burgr was according to some Wikipedia side professional football player for Sparta Prague since 1926. Yet he played for te second team at the time of the match against Netherlands. He became first team player about half a year later.

This match was on FIFA's list (for what it's worth) but has been deleted in 2010. I am afraid it is not to find out anymore what appointment was initially made by both FA's because of the mutual misunderstandings. However, I don't count this match because Czech team obviously was not Czechoslovakian A-team, but the appointment between both Dutch and Czechoslovakian FA was not clear. Antonin Lastovicka and Jan Novak were the only ones that already played a few A-matches for Czechoslovakia in 1924. The famous Jaroslav Burgr made his full international debut in 1929.

Browsing my documents I found an email I got in 2007 from Dr. Alfredo Pöge of IFFHS. I asked him about the status of this match and other matches played by Czechoslovakian amateur team. He answered me the Netherlands v Czechoslovakia amateurs match of 18-04-1927 is one of the 9 matches Czechoslovakia amateurs played between WW1 and WW2 that are official A matches according to FIFA. When I asked him which 9 matches, he asked me to be patient because IFFHS will publish this one day on the internet. In the meantime the A-international section has not been updated.

Hereby the line ups of the teams labelled as Czechoslovakia amateurs which played against A-national teams. The players in bold were from professional clubs. This does not imply they all were professionals, but at least František Plánička Jaroslav Burgr, Vojtĕch Bradáč, Oldřich Nejedlý and Geza Kalocsay were professionals when they played for these Czechoslovakian squads. For the last four matches this is strage as these were played for the International Cup for amateurs

Prague 23-05-1925 against Poland (2-1). Plánička; Krčma, Kudrna; Moudrý, J. Svoboda; Soukenka; Otokar Mráz, Jaroslav Poláček, Jan Novák, Laštovička, Polanecky.
Porto, 24-01-1926 against Portugal (1-1). Zeman; Krčma, J. Horák; König, Šindelář, Štverák; Fleischmann, Tožička, Janík, Laštovička, Císař.
Cracovia, 06-06-1926 against Poland (2-1). Hochmann; Kummermann, Paulín; Schillinger, O. Svoboda, Štverák; Mahrer, Jaroslav Poláček, Franĕk, Řehák; A. Dolejší.
Amsterdam, 18-04-1927 against Netherlands (1-8 ). Machurt (46. Zeman); Burgr, Dolezal (63. František Novák); Papp, Svoboda, Wolf, Janhuber, Smolka, Jan Novák, Laštovička, Rohlicek.
Prague, 27-10-1928 against Yugoslavia (1-3). Machat; Burgr, Antonín Novák; König, Steffel, Mahrer; Otokar Mráz, Nudra, Jaroslav Moták, Skála, Sokolář.
Prague, 28-10-1928 against Poland (1-0). Taussig; Burgr, Antonín Novák; Šubrt, Steffel, Mahrer; Maloun, Tožička, Baron, E. Veselý (Jaroslav Moták), Sokolář.
Cracovia, 04-08-1929 against Poland (2-2). Andrejkov; Kuchyňka, Antonín Novák; Schillinger, Steffel, Cetkovský; Šoral, Bulla, Foltýn, Prudík, Uhrer.
Prague, 20-10-1930 against Poland (2-1). J. Nĕmec; Jiří Mareš, Čtyřoký; Schillinger, Hladík, König; V. Hruška, Jaroslav Moták, Kannhäuser, Skála, Kranda.
Oradea, 20-09-1931 against Romania (1-4). Jabornický; J. Čulík; Daučík; Jurčák, Steffel, Polák; Vorlíček. Vojtĕch Bradáč, Müller, Oldřich Nejedlý, Šoral.
Pardubice, 25-03-1934 against Romania (2-2). Patzel; Pech, Daučík; V. Moták, Hrázský, Dráb; Habelt, Weintritt, Kannhäuser, Hess, Kalocsay.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 21 11 6:52 PM

I have contacted IFFHS about this matter. Here is my question:

Dear IFFHS,
first of all many congratulations on your researches about the "A" matches of the National football teams. I am very interested in Czechoslovakia "A" matches between World War I and World War II, so I would like to know: do you consider the matches played by the Czechoslovakian amateur team as "A" matches? In particular, which are these matches?
Thanks for any reply and sorry for the trouble.

IFFHS replied me:

Mr. Gandini , please have patience, until we publish it.
Regards
IFFHS

So I fear we have to wait 4/5 years...

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Nov 11 12 2:28 PM

So here it is clear Czechoslovakia played on 24-01-1926 with an amateur team against Portugal http://roonba.20.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=21773#21773.

Kaizeler wrote:
An article at Mundo Deportivo mentions in the subtitle that "the Czech team is composed solely of amateurs", which is consistent with their match report and a short article at Diário de Lisboa, which mentions a friendly match between the Czechoslovak team and Slovan Vienna (someone with access to Austrian sources might be able to dig deeper).

Now in following matches Czech amateur team played they certainly fielded at least one professional player:
Prague 23-05-1925 against Poland (2-1). Plánička; Krčma, Kudrna; Moudrý, J. Svoboda; Soukenka; Otokar Mráz, Jaroslav Poláček, Jan Novák, Laštovička, Polanecky.
rák; Fleischmann, Tožička, Janík, Laštovička, Císař.
Amsterdam, 18-04-1927 against Netherlands (1-8 ). Machurt (46. Zeman); Burgr, Dolezal (63. František Novák); Papp, Svoboda, Wolf, Janhuber, Smolka, Jan Novák, Laštovička, Rohlicek.
Prague, 27-10-1928 against Yugoslavia (1-3). Machat; Burgr, Antonín Novák; König, Steffel, Mahrer; Otokar Mráz, Nudra, Jaroslav Moták, Skála, Sokolář.
Prague, 28-10-1928 against Poland (1-0). Taussig; Burgr, Antonín Novák; Šubrt, Steffel, Mahrer; Maloun, Tožička, Baron, E. Veselý (Jaroslav Moták), Sokolář.
Oradea, 20-09-1931 against Romania (1-4). Jabornický; J. Čulík; Daučík; Jurčák, Steffel, Polák; Vorlíček. Vojtĕch Bradáč, Müller, Oldřich Nejedlý, Šoral.
Pardubice, 25-03-1934 against Romania (2-2). Patzel; Pech, Daučík; V. Moták, Hrázský, Dráb; Habelt, Weintritt, Kannhäuser, Hess, Kalocsay.

In following matches Czechoslovakia probably fielded professionals:
Cracovia, 06-06-1926 against Poland (2-1). Hochmann; Kummermann, Paulín; Schillinger, O. Svoboda, Štverák; Mahrer, Jaroslav Poláček, Franĕk, Řehák; A. Dolejší.
Cracovia, 04-08-1929 against Poland (2-2). Andrejkov; Kuchyňka, Antonín Novák; Schillinger, Steffel, Cetkovský; Šoral, Bulla, Foltýn, Prudík, Uhrer.
Prague, 20-10-1930 against Poland (2-1). J. Nĕmec; Jiří Mareš, Čtyřoký; Schillinger, Hladík, König; V. Hruška, Jaroslav Moták, Kannhäuser, Skála, Kranda.

Following matches have been played for the Central European International Amateur Cup http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_European_International_Cup
\

Luca wrote:
I have contacted IFFHS about this matter. Here is my question:

Dear IFFHS,
first of all many congratulations on your researches about the "A" matches of the National football teams. I am very interested in Czechoslovakia "A" matches between World War I and World War II, so I would like to know: do you consider the matches played by the Czechoslovakian amateur team as "A" matches? In particular, which are these matches?
Thanks for any reply and sorry for the trouble.

IFFHS replied me:

Mr. Gandini , please have patience, until we publish it.
Regards
IFFHS

So I fear we have to wait 4/5 years...

When IFFHS will publish it finally this matter hopefully will be clearified.

Quote    Reply   

TheRoonBa

#5 [url]

Nov 11 12 6:21 PM

Fast Midfielder wrote:

When IFFHS will publish it finally this matter hopefully will be clearified.

If they publish it, and if they publish a correct list. There's no guarantee of either.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 19 13 6:58 PM

I've contacted the National Library of the Czech Republic about the Czechoslovakian team that performed in this match.
They've kindly told me that four Czechoslovakian newspapers from April 19, 1927 (Lidové noviny, Národní listy, Národní politika and Český deník) clearly report this team was an Amateur Representative Team of the Czechoslovakian Football Assotiation.

Finally we have found out four relevant sources from Czechoslovakia.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Apr 19 13 7:14 PM

Thanks Luca, but I think this matter has almost been solved. The match report shows Czechoslovakia played with its amateur team (even though (at least) one professional player (Jaroslav Burgr) was included. I am 99% sure this match would have been arranged as Netherlands A v Czechoslovakia amateurs, but there still is an option at the time there was a lot of confusiuon in Czechoslovakia as well about the arrangement.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 12 13 6:00 PM

I live in the Czech Republic and I just purchased a book called Ceskoslovensky Fotbal v Cislech a Faktech from 1991. It is filled with everything you could ever want to know about Czechoslovakian football.

The book is obviously in Czech, and I would think that it is quite reliable. Here are the games which are clearly listed as amateur from 1925-1937 (Mezistatni utkani amaterskeho muzstva)

May 5, 1925 - Prague - Czechoslovakia 2 Poland A 1
Jan 24, 1926 - Porto - Portugal 1 Czechoslovakia 1
June 6, 1926 - Krakow - Poland A 2 Czechoslovakia 1
Apr 18, 1927 - Amsterdam - Netherlands 8 Czechoslovakia 1
Oct 27, 1928 - Prague - Czechoslovakia 1 Yugoslavia A 2
Oct 28, 1928 - Prague - Czechoslovakia 1 Poland A 0
Aug 4, 1929 - Krakow - Poland 2 Czechoslovakia 2
Sep 1, 1929 - Brno - Czechoslovakia 1 Austria 3
Oct 13, 1929 - Bratislava - Czechoslovakia 2 Hungary 1
May 11, 1930 - Wells - Austria 5 Czechoslovakia 4
Sep 28, 1930 - Budapest - Hungary 4 Czechoslovakia 1
Oct 20, 1930 - Prague - Czechoslovakia 2 Poland 1
May 17, 1931 - Linz - Austria 3 Czechoslovakia 1
Jun 4, 1931 - Pardubice - Czechoslovakia 3 Hungary 0
Sep 20, 1931 - Oradea - Romania 4 Czechoslovakia 1
Jun 28, 1932 - Pardubice - Czechoslovakia 5 Romania 0
Oct 30, 1932 - Budapest - Hungary 8 Czechoslovakia 3
Mar 25, 1934 - Pardubice - Romania 2 Czechoslovakia 2
Apr 1 1937 - Tours - France 2 Czechoslovakia 2

I also have the line-ups, but only for the Czechoslovakian sides. Of course it might not be 100% correct, but at least it is from a Czechoslovakian source.

Also, if anyone has any questions about Czechoslovakian football (from the senior team, to the youth, to women's football)... just ask.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 13 13 6:52 AM

Sigma wrote:

I also have the line-ups, but only for the Czechoslovakian sides. Of course it might not be 100% correct, but at least it is from a Czechoslovakian source.

At least Czech sources regarding Czechoslovakian line ups should be most reliable.

At #2 some names are mentioned. Please can you inform which of the players were professionals? As far as I am informed Jaroslav Burgr was professional since 1926. How about the other players?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

May 25 13 3:05 PM

Sigma wrote:
I live in the Czech Republic and I just purchased a book called Ceskoslovensky Fotbal v Cislech a Faktech from 1991. It is filled with everything you could ever want to know about Czechoslovakian football.

The book is obviously in Czech, and I would think that it is quite reliable. Here are the games which are clearly listed as amateur from 1925-1937 (Mezistatni utkani amaterskeho muzstva)

May 5, 1925 - Prague - Czechoslovakia 2 Poland A 1
Jan 24, 1926 - Porto - Portugal 1 Czechoslovakia 1
June 6, 1926 - Krakow - Poland A 2 Czechoslovakia 1
Apr 18, 1927 - Amsterdam - Netherlands 8 Czechoslovakia 1
Oct 27, 1928 - Prague - Czechoslovakia 1 Yugoslavia A 2
Oct 28, 1928 - Prague - Czechoslovakia 1 Poland A 0
Aug 4, 1929 - Krakow - Poland 2 Czechoslovakia 2
Sep 1, 1929 - Brno - Czechoslovakia 1 Austria 3
Oct 13, 1929 - Bratislava - Czechoslovakia 2 Hungary 1
May 11, 1930 - Wells - Austria 5 Czechoslovakia 4
Sep 28, 1930 - Budapest - Hungary 4 Czechoslovakia 1
Oct 20, 1930 - Prague - Czechoslovakia 2 Poland 1
May 17, 1931 - Linz - Austria 3 Czechoslovakia 1
Jun 4, 1931 - Pardubice - Czechoslovakia 3 Hungary 0
Sep 20, 1931 - Oradea - Romania 4 Czechoslovakia 1
Jun 28, 1932 - Pardubice - Czechoslovakia 5 Romania 0
Oct 30, 1932 - Budapest - Hungary 8 Czechoslovakia 3
Mar 25, 1934 - Pardubice - Romania 2 Czechoslovakia 2
Apr 1 1937 - Tours - France 2 Czechoslovakia 2

Also, if anyone has any questions about Czechoslovakian football (from the senior team, to the youth, to women's football)... just ask.

Very interesting, because, taking into account the above results, the RSSSF "Central European Cup for Amateurs 1931-34" could be finalized.
But there are two remarks:
A. Sigma says :  Czechoslovakia Am. - Poland 2-1 on 20.10.1030
     Karel (RSSSF) says : Czechoslovakia Am. -  Poland 2-1 on 26.10.1930
     20 or 26? Who is right?
B. Sigma says : Pardubice, Czechoslovakia Am. -  Romania  5-0 on 28.06.1932
     From : http://web.archive.org/web/20061219131050/http://members.telering.at/gerhard.oehlinger/amat.htm
     we can read : Pardubice, Czechoslovakia Am. -  Austria Am. 5-0 on 26.06.1932
     The second one  ("Austria Am."  instead of  "Romania") is indubitably consistent with the Tournament, and therefore Austria Am. iright.
     The only question is the date: 26 or 28?  

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

May 27 13 5:52 AM

Sorry, I checked again, and I made a typo. The correct date I should have written was 26.6.1932

Pardubice - Czechoslovakia Am 5 Austria Am 0

I doubled checked the game against Poland, and in the book it does say 20.10.1930

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

May 27 13 9:52 AM

If you have some doubts, you can contact the National Library of the Czech Republic, where they own very good newspapers archives from that period.
I did it myself a while ago and they answered me.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jan 12 14 11:30 PM

Nieuwsblad van het Noorden of 07-01-1927 reports Czechoslovakia will play with an amateur team. There was a thought that the Czechs would come to Netherlands with their proffesional players as they nearly always play with their professionals except against mot so strong countries as Portugal, Poland and Yugoslavia.

There was a misunderstanding the Czechs would come with professional players as Czech FA would receive an extra USD 1000 above their expenses, which is too low for professional players. The reason the Czechs would receive that extra USD 1000 was that no return match was arranged.

So initally a match Netherlands A vs Czechoslovakia was arranged, nothing else.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Oct 23 15 6:54 PM

Sigma wrote:
I will take a look to see if I can figure out if any of the players were professional.

Have you figured out if any of the players were professional? According to this site and the help of Google translator it seems Nejedlý must have been professional for 3+ months when he played on 20-09-1931 with the amateur team against Romania.

Sedmnáctiletý Oldřich Nejedlý se v druholigovém týmu ani nestačil rozkoukat a už byl jeho nejlepším střelcem. Takový zjev nemohl uniknout pražským očím. Nejrychleji přiskákali klokani. Když přijeli k trafice jeho matky, zeptali se před ní sedícího Oldřicha, kde tu bydlí nějaký Nejedlý. "To jsem já," řekl. Bohemáci se naštvali, mysleli, že si z nich dělá srandu. Až hospodský jim potvrdil, že to nedochůdče je opravdu ten hledaný kanonýr. Plácli si. Jenže ještě než vypršela karenční lhůta, přivalili sparťani. "Kolik ti dali?" "Deset tisíc." "Od nás dostaneš třináct." Dalším přímluvcem byl jeho starší bratr, který pracoval v továrně, jejíž majitel byl sparťanský maniak. Ten mu dal po vzoru Dona Corleona nabídku, která se nedala odmítnout - buď brácha podepíše Spartě, nebo letíš. Do licitace se ještě zapojila i Nejedlého matka, která synovi dovolila přestoupit jen za předpokladu, že nezanevře na řemeslo. "Nebojte se, maminko," řekl Olda a v roce 1931 podepsal přestupní lístky do Sparty. Když pak mámě vysypal do klína oněch třináct tisíc v malých bankovkách, chuděra se rozplakala. Tolik peněz v životě neviděla.

První zápas za nový klub sehrál proti Rakovníku. Vzájemný mač byl kromě dvaceti tisíc pro klub za přestup součástí dohody obou stran. Ze svých nových spoluhráčů byl jaksepatří vyklepaný, jak by taky ne - Káďa, Silný, Kolenatý nebo Burgr, to byla tehdy světová extratřída. Dokonce se šel převléct do šatny domácích, do té sparťanské si jít prostě netroufl, přestože ho tam vedoucí letenských poslal. "Raději ještě tady," prohlásil dvaadvacetiletý vyjukaný elév, aby pak na hřišti veškerou nervozitu hodil za hlavu a nasázel Rakovnickým pět gólů. Noví spoluhráči poznali, že ta "Žížala", jak mu sem tam někdo říkal, opravdu něco umí. Fanoušci si na toto zjištění museli chvilku posečkat, Sparta měla na programu ještě zájezd do Německa a Dánska. "Cože, kdo to je?" ptali se nejen oni 14. června, kdy ve Varšavě Nejedlý navlékal přes hlavu poprvé reprezentační dres - šest dní po debutu ve Spartě! Aby někdo neměl nemístné poznámky o oprávněnosti nominace, dal raději gól. A když ho tito fanoušci pak viděli na vlastní oči, nestačili se divit, koho to ve svém mužstvu mají

The Google translation says:

Seventeen year-old Oldrich Nejedly was in second division team had time to get settled and he was the top scorer. Such a phenomenon could not escape the eyes of Prague. The fastest přiskákali kangaroos. When they arrived at the newsagent's mother asked her, sitting in front of Ulrich, where there lives a Nejedly. "That's me," he said. Bohemáci got angry, thinking that he makes them laugh. Innkeeper them to confirm that it is untimely really wanted the striker. Slapped you. But before the waiting period has expired, they rolled in Spartans. "How much you got?" "Ten thousand." "From us you get thirteen." Another advocate was his older brother, who worked in a factory, whose owner was the Spartan maniac. He gave him following the example of Don Corleone offer that could not refuse - either brother signs Sparta or airport. Bidding to be more involved and Nejedly mother, son allowed to transfer only if they nezanevře to craft. "Do not worry, Mom," said Old and in 1931 signed a transfer tickets to Sparta. And when my mom poured into the lap of those thirteen thousand in small bills, poor woman burst into tears. So much money in my life before.

The first match for the new club played against Rakovník. Mutual Mac was in addition to twenty thousand for the club as part of the transfer agreement of both parties. From his new team-mates he was hammering properly, how could he not - Kadam, Thick, knee or Burgr, when it was world class. He even went to change into the home dressing room, to the Spartan dare you just go, even leading him there Letná sent. "Better still here," said the twenty-two vyjukaný apprentice, then on to the pitch all the nervousness and threw Abraham planted Rakovnicky five goals. New teammates know that the "Earthworm" as he occasionally somebody said something really knows. Fans of this finding had to wait a minute, Sparta had been scheduled trip to Germany and Denmark. "What, who is it?" They questioned only on June 14, when the Warsaw Nejedly threaded through the head for the first time the national team jersey - six days after the debut of Sparta! So someone did not abusive remarks about the legitimacy of the nomination, he would rather score.
And when these fans would see with their own eyes, they are enough to wonder who's in their team they have.

Last Edited By: Fast Midfielder Oct 24 15 9:16 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Oct 24 15 9:34 AM

Here a site about Jaroslav Burgr who must have played on three occasions as a professional for the Czech amateur team.

... Bylo jen otázkou času, kdy mu hodí laso některý z předních českých týmů. Když bylo Burgrovi osmnáct, přišla jako první s nabídkou Viktoria Žižkov. Ač jej zájem žižkovských funkcionářů potěšil, nakonec přestup odmítl. Druhá přispěchala Slavie. Její vyjednavači však dopadli úplně stejně s tím rozdílem, že jelikož mladému obránci za přestup nenabídli prakticky nic, vůbec se s nimi nebavil. Když poté položili zástupci Sparty na stůl 2000 korun, Burgr se nerozmýšlel ani chvilku a za několik dní už trénoval na Letné. (...) Té se dočkal v roce 1927 a byl to pro něho doslova křest ohněm. Spartu čekalo finále Středoevropského poháru proti Rapidu Vídeň a těsně před zápasem se zranil Antonín Hojer. Místo něho postavil kouč Václav Špindler do stoperské dvojice k Pernerovi právě nezkušeného Burgra. Ten se mu odvděčil znamenitým výkonem, velkou měrou pomohl Spartě k celkovému vítězství v soutěži a do rezervního týmu se již nikdy nevrátil (......)

Profil:
Jméno: Jaroslav Burgr
Narození: 7.3.1906
Úmrtí: 15.9.1986
Týmy: SK Kročehlavy, Sparta Praha, SK Most
Ve Spartě od - do 1926 - 1946
Bilance za Spartu: 625/1
Bilance za Spartu v lize: 244/1

According to Google Translator in English:

... It was only a matter of time before he throws a lasso one of the top Czech teams. When the burgers eighteen, came first with Braille Viktoria Zizkov. Though you are interested in Žižkov officials cheered, then transfer refused. Second rushed Slavia. Its negotiators, however, fared the same way, except that as a young defenders for transfer did not offer practically nothing at all with them amused. When then asked representatives of Sparta on the table CZK 2,000, Burgr did not think twice even for a moment, and in a few days he coached at Letna. (...) That was finally received in 1927 and it was to him literally a baptism by fire. Sparta awaited Central European Cup final against Rapid Vienna and just before the game was injured Antonín Hojer. Instead built coach Vaclav Špindler to stoperské pair to Perner just inexperienced burgers. He thanked his excellent performance, largely helped Sparta to overall victory in the competition and to the reserve team never returned (......)

Profile:
Name: Jaroslav Burgr
Birth: March 7, 1906
Death: 15 September 1986
Teams SK Kročehlavy, Sparta Prague, SK Bridge
Sparta from - to 1926 - 1946
Balance for Sparta: 625/1
Balance for Sparta in the league: 244/1

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Oct 25 15 10:30 AM

Fast Midfielder wrote:
Have you figured out if any of the players were professional? According to this site and the help of Google translator it seems Nejedlý must have been professional for 3+ months when he played on 20-09-1931 with the amateur team against Romania.

Jan Novák competed at the 1924 Olympic Games, so he was surely amateur till 1924. If Czechoslovakia had taken part at the 1928 Olympic as well, it would have been easier to find more clues, as those players who appeared at the 1928 Olympics were surely amateur in 1927 as well.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Oct 25 15 10:55 AM

Luca wrote:

Jan Novák competed at the 1924 Olympic Games, so he was surely amateur till 1924. If Czechoslovakia had taken part at the 1928 Olympic as well, it would have been easier to find more clues, as those players who appeared at the 1928 Olympics were surely amateur in 1927 as well.

Professional football was introduced in Czechoslovakia in 1925.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help